Friday, June 20, 2014

The Lost Files: Hoversten Family Baby Shower

As I look back thru pictures of Kimber {which I do WAY too often}, I realized there are some events that I never documented on the blog. And since my plan is to turn this blog into her baby book {which I've actually started on - YAY!}, I'll start posting some of the 'lost files' to get up to date.
 
I had my Hoversten family baby shower 3-4 weeks after Kimber was born. The shower was held at a cute little coffee shop in town and was perfect!
 



 
 
Of course, at this point, everyone knew we had a girl so the gifts were mostly girly clothes, headbands, blankets and other pink & frilly items!!
 
Aunt Allysha & Cousin Chloe gave Kimber the painted 'block' full of outfits, headbands, shoes, etc. We now keep this block in Kimber's room. It's full of all kinds of special trinkets - outfits she wore for pictures, shirt/headband from the monthly pictures, items from her baptism and other little items I'm keeping to give her when she's older.

 
Kimber received several blankets/quilts at this shower. I have them all tucked away, so she can have them when she gets older.
 
Blanket from Great Gramma Hoversten.

 
Another blanket from Great Aunt Fran.

 
And another blanket from Great Gramma Hickethier
 
 
I remember getting dressed the morning of the shower and thinking I looked pretty good for just having a baby. And then I saw these pictures and all the belly rolls! HA!
 


 


 
 
 
While I opened gifts, Kimber slept and was passed around from person to person.
 
An itty bitty Kimber with Great Gramma Hickethier.

 
Kimber with Great Gramma Hoversten.


 
 
And a selfie of me & my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment