Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Big Girl on the Slide!

We bought Kimber a slide as a birthday gift, but I didn't think about the ladder and how she wouldn't be able to climb up it.  My daycare provider has a slide with steps  {instead of a ladder} and Kimber loves to crawl up it and slide down herself. So I set out on an internet search for a similar slide. I came across a listing on craigslist with several toys and found the perfect slide!!
 
Nick & I headed to Des Moines on Sunday afternoon to pick it up and it's been a hit with Kimber! I wasn't sure if she'd be able to climb up the steps since they were different than the one she was used to, but she got up the first time she tried!
 
Sometimes she gets so excited to get up the steps and tries to go too fast. Which makes her feet slip and she can't make it up herself. And then leads to a tantrum and she throws herself on the ground. After calming her down, we help her up the steps and she's excited to slide down the other side!
 
I think we'll get lots of use out of this craigslist find!
 






 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment