Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nursery Notes 6

Monday & Tuesday.
We worked both Monday & Tuesday nights to finish the closet. Nick painted the second coat on Monday night and installed the shelving unit on Tuesday night. The nice thing about the shelving unit we installed is that it can be moved around - add/remove shelves and make the clothes hanging area bigger as the baby grows {and so does the size of its clothes}.




 
 


 
While Nick worked on the installing the shelving unit and I assisted him by handing him tools & parts...Jayde sat right in the way!!
 
 
Now that the shelving unit is installed - I can start picking up baskets, hampers and other organizers to put in the closet. I might pick up a couple more of the pull out baskets - I think those will come in handy. I really have no clue on how to organize the closet at this point because I'm not sure what I'll need or use, but I'm sure I'll figure it out once the baby gets here!
 

 
 
It only took 2 days longer than expected, but we got everything done on the to-do list! Now that all the big items are installed/assembled/arranged - I can start working on the small things. The fun things that will add character to the room!

 
The list of to-do's to focus on next {can you tell I like to make lists and check them off?!?}
1. Order glider & ottoman
2. Make curtains
3. Make crib skirt
4. Make crib bumper
5. Make changing pad cover
6. Buy frames/shelving/decorations
 
As you can see...alot of these items involve sewing. I think it's time to pull out the new sewing machine I got for Christmas and learn how to use it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment