Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nursery Notes 3

**I realized this post was going to be really long - so I'll split it into multiple posts**
 
What a productive and exhausting weekend - we accomplished so much on my our to-do list!
 
Friday night.
I made of list of items we needed to pick up from the fabric store & home improvement store and we headed into town. We ran into my friend Kelli at the fabric store and she was able to help me pick out the perfect accent pieces to go with my main fabrics!
 
We found a plain gray fabric and white with gray polka dot fabric {both cotton} that will be perfect for crib sheets and I'll also use the plain gray fabric for the diaper changing pad. I had been looking everywhere for an aqua accent piece and found a minky fabric that I love! It'll be a great fabric to make blankets and pillows - nice & soft! Seeing all the fabric together makes me so excited - I can see my vision for the nursery coming together!!
 


 
After finding the fabric, we ran to Lowe's to pick out a organizational unit for the nursery closet, new outlet covers, pulls for the nightstands and a couple other small items. I found a nursery closet on pinterest that I really liked, but once we saw the unit at Lowe's I wasn't that impressed with it {not for $300+} - I didn't like the fact that the shelving unit/drawers were right in the middle and we'd have to take the doors off the closet. I know myself too well and know I won't be able to keep the closet organized enough to not have doors on it!
 
 
 
 
We decided to go with a rubbermaid closet organizer - this way we can determine where to put the shelves -  and picked up a pull out caddy for more storage. I'll add baskets and hampers for the closet after we have it put together.
 
 
I love how dorky my husband is and how he hates to get his picture taken so he does these dumb poses!
 
 
It'll look something like the picture below when we have it all put together. {again, we'll be keeping the doors on the closet - these people are crazy for not having doors!}
 
 

 
Once all our work was done for the night, we met back up with Kelli & Reece at Texas Roadhouse for dinner & drinks! I enjoyed my signature cranberry juice with 7-up and lime - the best mock cocktail to have while preggers! We didn't get home until after 11:00 and I was ready for bed - I knew Saturday was going to be a long day!!
 

1 comment: