Friday, February 15, 2013

Baby H: 24 weeks

 
 
How far along? 24 weeks - the baby is officially considered viable!!

Baby Size: Baby H is 12.5 inches and 1.25 pounds. The size of corn. I'm at the 6 month mark - only 4 months to go!!!  

Total weight gain: 23 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I'd say I'm wearing maternity clothes 90% of the time. The only time it's not maternity clothes is when I wear leggings or a couple tunics/dresses. But I just keep buying more & more maternity clothes - so why wouldn't I be wearing them?!?
 
Sleep: Still sleeping 8 hours a night. I'm going to be in shock once the baby gets here & I can't sleep through the night!!

Best moment this week: So many great moments this week!!! I had my 24 week appointment this week and heard the heartbeat again - I love that sound!  {heartbeat was between 130-140} While we were listening to the heartbeat, the baby was very active - so we were able to hear Baby H move around!! We finally decided on daycare. We had several personal references for the provider we went with and are very happy with her! I also set up my maternity photos with my photographer for the end of March. Now time to start picking out outfits for Nick & I and start pinning ideas on pinterest!!

Miss Anything?  I'm loving being pregnant so much that I don't really miss anything.

Movement: The movements are starting to get stronger and they've actually startled me at times!!
 
Food cravings: Nick got the best husband award last week when he made me turtle brownies!! I've decided that even if I'm craving brownie sundaes - I can't have one every night! It's been 5 days since I've had one and the withdrawal shakes stopped after day 2!  I'm still eating alot of fruit - pineapple, strawberries, peaches, apples, oranges...the juicer the fruit the better.

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: Woohoo!! No bloody noses this week!! When I went to my 24 week appointment and told my doctor about the pain in my foot/lower leg {it's a shooting pain when I extend my foot} - he had me set up an appointment with a podiatrist. He wanted me to get it checked out now before the pain got worse or it became something more serious. The podiatrist said it's due to stretching of the tendons {due to the extra weight - hello fatty - and how I might be changing how I walk/stand} and gave me some medicine to ease the pain. Nick kindly refers to this condition as pregnancy hoof!

Gender: Not finding out. This week's wives tales to predict the gender of the baby - AcneLegend says that if you're having a girl, she'll steal your beauty and your skin will break out. If you don't experience any acne, it's a boy. I haven't had any acne during this pregnancy.  Based in this wives tale: it's a boy.

**Pretty much everyone in my family thinks I'm having a girl {along with me}. I even had my first baby prediction last weekend - baby girl 8lbs 2oz - we'll see how close the prediction is when the baby comes**

Have you started to show yet: Can't miss the belly!!

Mood: I've been very irritable over the last week. I don't think it's anything pregnancy related, but more with everything going on in my life. My nephew is in the hospital with cancer, my grandpa is in the hospital with several issues, it's the 1 year anniversary of my mom's death and year-end reporting at work is still dragging out. I'm ready for a vacation!! {I'm in the process of trying to book a babymoon in March for Nick & I!}

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: My belly button is starting to look wonky {is that a word}. Not sure if it's trying to become an outie?

Wedding ring on or off: On

Labor Signs: No

Thoughts: After my 24 week appointment I stopped by Target and picked up a few things. I found a cute side table for the nursery and picked up some more gender neutral onsies & sleepers. I'm excited to work on the nursery this weekend and start getting things organized in the room. I'm still waiting for this nesting stage to kick in!!

Last weekend, Nick & I traveled to Omaha to see my family. We spent Friday night in the hospital visiting my nephew. It broke my heart to see him so weak & sick. He's on so many meds to ease the pain {the cancer is in his skin & he scratches so much that his skin is raw} that he was out of it and feeling sick to his stomach. We visited him again on Saturday, went bridesmaids dress shopping with my sister, visited my grandpa in the hospital and then drove 3 hours back home. It was an exhausting weekend - both physically and emotionally!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment