Thursday, February 7, 2013

Baby H: 23 weeks

 
How far along? 23 weeks

Baby Size: Baby H is 11.5 inches and 1.1 pounds. The size of a large mango. Baby's face is fully formed this week - can't wait to see if the baby will look like me or Nick!!

Total weight gain: 22 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Loving the maternity skinny jeans from Old Navy - so soft & comfy!! Not all maternity clothes are cute - but if you throw on leggings & a scarf - it' makes it look so much cuter!!
 








 
 Sleep: With Nick being gone most of this week {on a snowmobiling trip} - I didn't sleep as well as normal. But still no pregnancy related issues with sleep. Still sleeping through the night and not getting up to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week: No big milestones this week. I did pick up the last 2 accent fabrics for the baby's room {and a stuffed elephant - which I'm loving elephants for the nursery}. I'm ready to make more progress on the nursery - I still need Nick to put the crown molding up and then we can put the furniture together!!

Miss Anything?  Nothing new.

Movement: Last week after I was having some pain in my lower abdomen - I wasn't feeling very much movement {which freaked me out & I kept pushing my belly to get the baby to move}. I determined that the pain was probably the baby moving positions and now the baby's movements are back to normal. I've actually started to notice a pattern to the movement - 7:30am, 9:30am - a couple times throughout the day - 5:30pm, 6:30pm and then before bedtime.

Food cravings: Sweets - brownie sundaes to be exact.

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: I thought the bloody noses had stopped {I went a couple days without them}, but they're still here. But if this is my worst symptom while being preggers - I'll take it! I've had a couple random things throughout this pregnancy - my tailbone hurts when I sit on hard chairs or for long periods of time and my foot/lower leg has a strange nerve feeling sometimes - but no major pains yet. Just some normal aches & pains, but I'm not going to complain about them...it's completely worth it in the end!!

Gender: Not finding out. This week's wives tales to predict the gender of the baby - HeartbeatIf the heartbeat is high (over 140 beats per minute) then it's a girl. If it's lower, it's a boy. Baby H’s heartbeat has been consistent -- At 12 weeks it was 150 bpm, at 20 weeks it was 146 bpm.  Based in this wives tale: it's a girl.

Have you started to show yet: The belly is getting harder and more round every day!

Mood: Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. Ofcourse, I'm SUPER excited about the baby. Thinking about the nursery, baby showers and meeting the little one - all get me excited. But unfortunately, I heard not very good news this week about my nephew {who has been battling cancer for the last year}, so I've been pretty much a mess about that all week. I'm planning on visiting him this weekend and I can't wait to see him!!

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding ring on or off: On

Labor Signs: No
 
Thoughts: Nick was gone for the last 5 days - on a snowmobiling trip with the guys. I had a fun & productive time when he was gone. Dinner with my old Principal co-workers on Friday night and a craft day with the girls on Saturday. I like when he's gone on his trips - so I can enjoy my time with the girls!! But I was so excited to see him when he got home last night!

I worked on crafts for the baby shower I'm hosting in March and I'm loving the mustache theme!! There are so many cute ideas on banners, cupcake toppers and other decor to make. Can't wait to see it all come together!

I know alot of people think I'm crazy for not wanting to find out the gender of our baby, but I'm really glad that we didn't. The main reason ofcourse, is because I'm excited about the surprise when we have the baby. An added perk - I feel like I'm not spending a ton of money on baby clothes every time I go shopping...there isn't really a ton of gender neutral clothes - so I've only picked up a few things. And the baby will probably be in a onesie or sleeper for the first 3 months anyways - so I don't really need alot of gender specific clothes to start out with. {remind me I said this after the baby is born & I'm buying a ton of 0-3 month clothes!!}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment