Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baby H: 25 weeks


How far along? 25 weeks

Baby Size: Baby H is 13.5 inches and 1.5 pounds. The size of rutabaga {whatever that is!}.    

Total weight gain: 23+ pounds. I've been so busy that I didn't even get on the scale this week.

Maternity clothes? Yep! I've been eyeing some of the new spring maternity clothes at the GAP - I might have to order a couple pieces.
 
Sleep: The first part of the week was rough. I had a cold and wasn't able to sleep well at night because I was so stuffed up. Once I got over the cold - I slept like a baby...I was so exhausted from the nursery projects and preparing for the baby shower I'm hosting - that I slept 8 hours straight the last 3 nights!

Best moment this week: The nursery is coming together! Nick & I spent all weekend {and Monday & Tuesday night} on the nursery - putting together the furniture, painting the closet, installing the organizational unit in the closet. I'm really happy with the results of the room so far - even the paint color looks better with the rest of the furniture in the room. I'm glad to have all the big stuff done - now I have plenty of time to work on the little things before the baby arrives!
 
Miss Anything?  Being able to take medicine! Nick had a cold & was able to get over it in 2 days - I think it's because he could take medicine. I had the same cold linger around for 6 days and the only medicines I could take didn't really do anything for me. 

Movement: I love when Nick is able to feel the baby move!
 
Food cravings: I feel like my cravings have slowed down. I just don't seem as hungry as I used to and even sweets don't sound as good as they did a couple weeks ago.


Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: Still experiencing pain from my pregnancy hoof {all the moving around putting furniture together this past weekend didn't help}. This week was the first time I've really felt pregnant - not being able to move around as easily as I used to {the belly gets in the way!} and getting tired faster than usual. 



 
 
Gender: Not finding out. This week's wives tales to predict the gender of the baby - CravingsIf you're craving sweet things, its a girl. If you're dying for salty or sour things, its a boy. I've been craving sweets this entire pregnancy. Based in this wives tale: it's a girl.

Have you started to show yet: The bump is definitely entering the room first these days! Strangers are starting to make comments & predictions on the pregnancy {everyone is predicting girl based on how I'm carrying the baby} - I really feel more pregnant than chunky these days!







Mood: This one is so hard. It depends on the day and time of day. Some days I'm over the moon excited about the baby. Some days I think about the labor & delivery and I'm scared to death. Some days I think about all the work we did on the nursery and I'm exhausted. Every.single.day I think about my nephew and what he is going through and it makes me sad.

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: Still looking funky.

Wedding ring on or off: On

Labor Signs: No

Thoughts:  So many thoughts this week!!! 

I had an amazing Valentine's Day! Nick & I don't usually do much to celebrate this 'holiday', but this year he went all out. Mostly due to the fact that I got him a Christmas gift  {after Christmas on sale when we were shopping together} and he didn't get me one, so he made up for it on Valentine's Day. He surprised me with a card in the morning, a dozen red roses were delivered to work and a new lens and flash for my camera after work. I was beyond excited!! I've been eyeing the new lens for a couple months now and planned on buying it myself with my birthday/Christmas money...now I guess I'll need to buy a new camera bag with that money!!

Having a cold and being pregnant is not fun! I'm not big on taking medicine, but it's amazing how different it is when you don't have the option to take medicine and you can't breath! I was miserable for about 3 days - all day & night. I went through an entire box of Kleenex at work one day and had to sleep on the couch at night because I couldn't sleep {and didn't want to keep Nick up}. I'm so glad to be over it!

Have I mentioned my mother-in-law is amazing??! Not only is she a great painter...but she can sew, too! She is making crib sheets for the nursery and burp clothes with fun fabrics - I can't wait to see them both!!! Once I get the courage to get my sewing machine out of the box - I'm going to have her help me make the crib skirt and curtains for the nursery!

This past week was the one year anniversary of my mom passing away. I feel like it's made me realize how lucky I am to have the people I have in my life. I've felt so much love & support from my family, Nick's family and friends during this pregnancy. I have become even closer to friends/family that are going through pregnancies at the same or are giving me advice on their prior pregnancies. It makes me sad to think that my baby will never know their Grandma...but I know Baby H will be surrounded by all these amazing people!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment