Friday, February 15, 2013

Nursery Notes 2

Here is the list of to-do's from my last nursery update:
 
1. Finalize the paint color - done
2. Paint the room - done
3. Put up crown molding - still waiting for Nick to put up the crown molding We have negotiated and decided instead of putting crown molding in the nursery - he will paint the foyer ceiling and put crown molding in there. But he'll also paint the nursery closet {it's the same ugly yellow the rest of the room was} and install a closet organizational system with shelving & 2 levels to hang clothes.
4. Order a crib mattress - ordered & delivered
5. Put furniture together - this is on hold until the crown molding is put up On hold until I get Nick to help me put it together {I don't think guys understand when your wife has something on her to-do list to check it off - she wants it done yesterday so she can check the box off!!}
 
Nick & his mom painted the nursery on a Saturday in January when I was stuck at work {year-end as an accountant is crazy busy!!}. My MIL is a painting fool & she's so good at it. She can trim an entire room without taping it off and it looks amazing!
 
You know she paints alot when she has designated painting clothes!
 
I got home from work right before they finished the first coat of paint and I was so excited to see progress in the nursery!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
After a couple days, I started questioning the paint color. It was looking more baby blue at times instead of gray - usually at night with lights on. Which of course, would not work! I went back to Home Depot to look for more paint samples. I found a couple samples that looked more gray to me {and less blue} but after I got home and painted a sample next to the existing color, it looked more green or brown. So I decided to stick with the color I originally picked out. I'm hoping once I get the furniture and fabric in the room - it'll tone down the blue hue. Sticking with the original paint color made Nick very happy - he wasn't too excited about the idea of repainting the entire room!
 
 
 
Picking out a crib mattress was the next step and I had no clue what to go with. I asked for feedback from several friends & family members - it sounded like either Sealy or Colgate was the way to go. So I did what anyone else would do - I went with the most popular ordered crib mattress on Target's website in the Colgate brand. Figured if everyone else was ordering it - it must be a good mattress. {and it had good reviews}
 
I have a big to-do list for this weekend. This will be the only open weekend Nick & I have in February and we only have 1-2 open weekends in March - so I want to get all the big stuff done this weekend.
 
This weekend's to-do's:
1. Clean out closet
2. Paint closet
3. Install closet organization unit
4. Put furniture together
5. Make crib bedskirt
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment