Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Checklist before Baby

If you know me...then you know that I love to make lists {and check the items off as I finish them - which might actually be my favorite part}. I've started a list of to-do's to get done before the baby arrives. Thought I'd share it and update it as the due date gets closer!!

Any feedback on items I've missed?!? Or anything additional I need to add to the list?


Already completed:
  • Pre-register at the hospital
  • Take childbirth prep classesdecided not to go to classes but watch the DVD instead
  • Write birth plan – my plan is to listen to the doctor and do whatever they tell me to do!
  • Complete shower registry - it's as complete as it's going to get since I don't really know what I need.
  • Maternity photos
  • Book newborn photographer

Pre-baby:
  • Pick a name – still can’t decide on middle name for a boy     
  • Watch DVD childbirth prep video
  • Watch Happiest Baby On the Block DVD
  • Read childbirth books - I feel like I might need to start reading some books to get ready for baby?
  • Find pediatrician – found who we want to use – need to call.
  • Research health insurance for baby
  • Finalize maternity leave with employer
  • Start disability paperwork
  • Set up dog sitting while we're at the hospital 
  • Pack hospital bag {mom}
  • Pack hospital bag {baby}
  • Pack ‘daddy hospital survival kit’ - I want to make a basket with candy, food, soda, magazines, etc.
  • Clean up around the house
  • Make and freeze some meals
  • Design & order thank you cards for shower
  • Write and send out thank you cards  
  • Purchase baby items needed not gifted at shower
  • Buy postpartum supplies
  • Buy nursing supplies
  • Finish nursery 
  • Wash all baby items
  • Put away and organize baby items
  • Assemble all baby gear
  • Install car seat
  • Purchase and install carbon monoxide detector      
  • Get a pedicure 
  • Get a haircut

Post-baby:
  • Call friends & family to announce arrival of baby
  • Send out birth announcement email to coworkers
  • Call newborn photographer to schedule session
  • Add baby to health insurance
  • Mail out birth certificate
  • Mail out birth announcements

1 comment:

  1. HOLY....I need a nap after that list. I wish I lived closer because I would love to help with stuff. I am so excited for you two and can't wait to meet me new niece/nephew!

    ReplyDelete