Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby H: 31 weeks


How far along? 31 weeks.

Baby Size: Baby H is 16.25 inches and 3-4. pounds. The size of a pineapple.

Total weight gain: 30ish pounds. My weight has stayed around the same the last couple of weeks.

Maternity clothes? Loving maternity dresses/skirts {especially maxi} - so cute & comfy!
 
Sleep: My bad sleeping has turned Nick into a bad sleeper! {Oops} Apparently, being pregnant has caused me to start snoring!?! Nick says I snore so loud some nights that I wake myself up. When I wake up - I try to shift positions and move the whole bed {remember, I'm trying to move a body pillow with me}. He went down to the couch on Saturday night because I was keeping him up!
 
Best moment this week: Maternity pictures. Can't wait to get them back!
 
Miss Anything? Bending over/moving normal/working out.

Movement: I think I may have felt hiccups for the first time on Saturday. From what people have told me - it feels like a slow heartbeat, rhythmic and evenly paced and tends to last 2-5 minutes. Sounds like what I was feeling!!

Food cravings: I kinda wish I was craving something. Nothing ever sounds good, but I'm always hungry so I just eat whatever happens to be available at the time. 

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: Nothing new...same old stuff.
- Nose Bleeds - Still have stuffy & bloody noses.
- Pregnancy hoof - Still have the shooting pain in my foot and it's numb
- Pregnancy paw - Still have the shooting pain in my thumb and it's numb.
- Tailbone pain - This has been my most 'painful' symptom of pregnancy so far..I don't think that's too bad compared to what some woman have to go through!
- Trouble sleeping - Still waking up at night & not sleeping well. I'm not tired during the day, but when I leave work at 5pm...that's when it hits me and I feel drained.

Gender: Not finding out. I can't find any more wives tales to predict the gender of the baby. The count so far is Girl - 5 and Boy - 5. Guess we'll find out what we're having in 9 weeks!!

Have you started to show yet: At my 30 week appointment - I was measuring right on track {30cm}. It's amazing how big my belly looks...but I guess that's what happens when you're only 5'3" and have a short torso. There is no where to go but out!

Mood: Excited!! I can't believe we're in single digit weeks until Baby H is here!

Stretch marks: Not yet...

Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding ring on or off: It's back on!! I must have been swollen before...because it's fitting now!

Labor Signs: No.

Thoughts:
I've been home the last 2 weekends, so I've been able to get some spring cleaning done. I finally took down my winter decorations and am ready to put up some fun spring decorations!! I can't wait until it warms up alittle and I can have the windows open & get some fresh air in the house! I still don't feel like I've hit that 'nesting stage' where I want to clean out all my closets & purge a bunch of stuff...but I keep my house pretty clean - so I may never hit this stage since I already clean so much?!?
 
 
I've been slowly working on the nursery. I'm waiting until after our 2 showers in April to add the finishing touches to it. But I found this free printable on Pinterest and had to print it off!!  {and I'm still loving elephants for the room}

 
 
I've been working on my sewing projects for the nursery. I've started with the curtains & they are taking forever!! It's alot of pinning the material before I even start on sewing. I have 2 panels pinned & ready to go. My MIL & I are planning a sewing day, so I'm hoping to get the curtains done this weekend. {and maybe the crib skirt, too!}

 
Easter was always my holiday to spend with my mom {she passed away last February}. I would pick her up and drive up to my sister's house to celebrate. We'd grill out on Saturday, have a couple drinks on Saturday night and have an Easter egg hunt with the girls on Sunday morning. This is the 2nd Easter without my mom...and the holiday just isn't the same.  Nick & I stayed home this year and celebrated with his family. We had a great church service and dinner with his family...and Baby H got her/his first Easter basket!! Next year - I am celebrating with my sister...and I can't wait to watch her help my baby with the Easter egg hunt like I've helped her girls over the years!!!

 
Nick has been wanting a La-Z-Boy chair since we moved in together 4 years ago and I'm not a big fan of the look of them. But I decided with a baby on the way, we'll need a chair in the living room for feedings/rocking the baby. You can see from the picture how excited he was to finally get his chair!! {since we got it - I've actually sat in it more than him!!}


Teh final big item for the nursery was delivered - the glider & ottoman - and I couldn't be more happy with them! I love the color & look of it - and it's super comfortable! I see myself spending alot of time in this spot in the next year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment