Friday, April 26, 2013

Baby H: 34 weeks

I was out of town for work this week, so I wasn't able to take my normal weekly bump picture
  
How far along? 34 weeks.

Baby Size: Baby H is 17.75 inches and 4.75 pounds. The size of a cantaloupe.

Total weight gain: 35+ pounds. {I was out of town for work this week and haven't gotten on a scale - but I've been feeling very plump these days so I bet it's close to 45 pounds - HA!}

Maternity clothes?  If I could wear maternity maxi dresses every day - I would!
 
Sleep: Oh sleep...how I miss it! Last weekend was rough - I stayed at my parents {for my family baby shower} and didn't get very good sleep. I was out of town for work for 2 nights and didn't sleep well at all in the hotel room. I got home yesterday and slept all.night.long - didn't even get up to go to the bathroom!! I'm hoping to have a low key weekend and get some good sleep!
 
Best moment this week: Schuler Family Baby Shower - it was so nice to see my family and celebrate Baby H! But the best part about the shower was being able to see my nephew Blake, who has cancer, and my Grandpa Schuler, who just got out of the nursing home. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see my Grandma Schuler because the nursing home was under quarantine due to the flu.

 
Miss Anything? Same ol' stuff - Bending over/moving normal/working out/pre-pregnancy body.
 
Movement: Nick was able to feel the hiccups last week. I feel movement all the time, so I love when Nick is able to experience the same movement as me. He lays in bed at night and plays with the baby...moving him/her around and s/he pushes back on Daddy - I love it!

Food cravings: Nothing.

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms:
- Nose Bleeds/Stuffy Nose.
- Pregnancy hoof.
- Pregnancy paw.
- Tailbone pain.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Rib pain - The rib pain hasn't been as bad as long as I sit straight up...it's when I'm sitting on a couch is when it hurts more.
- Swelling - the swelling has started...my ankles are turning into cankles....

Gender: Still thinking girl!! At my 34 week appointment, the heartbeat was in the mid-140's {higher than 140 means girl}

Have you started to show yet: Everyone keeps telling me they think I'm going to have the baby 2 weeks early - due partly because of the size of my big ol' belly!!

Mood: Tired but excited!! 6 weeks left...it seems SO close now!!

Stretch marks: Nope.

Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding ring on or off: Off.

Labor Signs: No.

Thoughts:
My sisters & step-mom threw a family baby shower for us last weekend and it was amazing! We got some great gifts for Baby H and it was so nice to be surrounded by my family. I live 2+ hours away from all my family, so I don't get to see them as much as I'd like and we all had a great time catching up.

When I got home on Sunday from my parents, Nick was in the middle of cleaning. We spend 3+ hours deep cleaning - the master bathroom {which hardly ever gets cleaned}, the walk-in closet {I threw away 2 sacks of clothes & have 2 sacks to go to goodwill} and the master bedroom {we even moved the bed to vacuumed behind it and cleaned the baseboards}. I love how fresh & clean the room feels!! Unfortunately, since we did so much cleaning - that means Jayde is out of the house until next fall {that makes me alittle sad!!}

At my last doctor's appointment, my normal doctor was called into an emergency delivery so I met with a different doctor. She measured me at 38cm!! That was a big jump from what my normal doctor measured me at my prior appointment, so I'm not sure how accurate that measurement is. But she did mention that I might want to talk to my doctor about getting a growth ultrasound in the next couple of weeks since big babies do run in the family.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment