Thursday, April 11, 2013

Baby H: 32 weeks


How far along? 32 weeks.

Baby Size: Baby H is 16.7 inches and close to 4 pounds. The size of a squash.

Total weight gain: 30-35 pounds. This weight gain thing is crazy! I can go several weeks without the scale moving and then it jumps in one week. But the next time I get on the scale I'm down a couple pounds. Water weight maybe?!? Either way...I'm feeling HUGE! That's alot of weight to add to a a 5'3" frame.

Maternity clothes? I can't believe how fast you can outgrow maternity clothes - some of the tops I wore at the beginning of the pregnancy don't fit the belly anymore. I'm trying to buy more flowy tops to get through the last 8 weeks.
 
Sleep: My sleeping has gotten better compared to the prior couple of weeks. I wake up around 1am and 4am and go to the bathroom, but sleep the rest of the night {for the most part}.
 
Best moment this week: Finished the curtains & crib skirt for the nursery with my MIL! Nick still need to put up the curtain rods before we can hang the curtains, but I did put the skirt on the crib.


Getting our maternity pictures back!! {I'll post more of them next week}
 


 
Miss Anything? Bending over/moving normal/working out. As I see all the new spring/summer clothes in the stores - I'm missing my old pre-pregnancy body. Remember last summer when I thought I was fat...yeah, I can't wait to be that 'fat' again!!! HA! {and I might miss my bangs, too}
 


**Same dress - last summer compared to last week**

Movement: Seems like there is less big movement these days {feels more like rolls instead of kicks & punches} - mostly due to lack of space in there for Baby H. I mostly feel her/him move at night when I'm relaxing on the couch. 

Food cravings: I'm starting to lose my appetite. I don't feel hungry for anything and when I do eat - I don't eat very much because I get full fast.

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: I was sailing through this pregnancy and everything seemed pretty easy...and then BAM - the third trimester hit like a freight train!!  I'm definitely feeling the nagging pains that come along with the final trimester - rib pain, lower back pain, trouble getting comfortable at night and feeling tired all the time. I have had a relatively easy pregnancy so far - so I'm taking it all in stride and know that it's just part of the process. I'm not too uncomfortable yet, but ask me in about 3 weeks and it may be a different story!
- Nose Bleeds - Almost every morning.
- Pregnancy hoof - The entire top of my left foot is numb.
- Pregnancy paw - My left thumb is still numb, but I haven't noticed any shooting pain lately.
- Tailbone pain - I might have to invest in a donut to sit on at work.
- Trouble sleeping - Sleeping seems to have gotten better lately, but I still wake up twice a night to go to the bathroom.
- Rib pain - The baby has decided to take up residency in my rib cage & it's painful!

Gender: I've had several friends tell me what they've had dreams in the last week that we're having a little red-headed girl. I'm right there with them thinking we're having a girl!!

Have you started to show yet: Strangers have decided they can start touching the belly & tell me the gender of the baby. That's always fun. {insert sarcasm here}

Mood: Nervous!! I can't believe we're in single digit weeks until Baby H is here! I'm not sure if I'm ready for the baby - the pregnancy has been pretty easy so far...but some days I realize there is going to be a baby at the end of this pregnancy & I'm not sure if I'm ready for such a big change in my life!! I don't feel like I'm old enough or responsible enough to have a baby yet!!

Stretch marks:  Still using lots of lotion - hoping not to get any stretch marks.

Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding ring on or off: On...if I remember to wear it!

Labor Signs: No.

Thoughts:
Our friends, Rachel & Nolan, had their baby last week! We were able to visit them in the hospital and meet little Easton! Well...I shouldn't say little Easton since he was 9lb 11.5 oz - OUCH! He had a full head of hair and is adorable!! After leaving the hospital, Nick & I realized that we're the next ones to have a baby!!

I've had a new pregnancy symptom start this week - pain in my ribs. I talked to the doctor about it at my 32 week appointment and he gave me a few tips on trying to reduce the pain, but it'll be a nagging pain that I'll have until the baby is here. Especially as my belly continues to grow & get heavier and pulls on the ligaments/muscles. He also told me at my appointment that the baby is head down, but hadn't dropped yet. The heartbeat continues to be around the 135-145 range.

We have our first baby shower this weekend and I'm so excited to see all the fun stuff that Baby H gets!! We had a BBQ with friends on Saturday night and they surprised us with a bathing themed baby gift! This is always my favorite gift to give expecting parents...so I was excited to get it myself!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment