Monday, February 24, 2014

Sick Day

Kimber had her first 'sick day' from daycare on February 19. I put the term sick in quotes because she wasn't actually sick, but I did keep her home from daycare.
 
I was driving to daycare, when she started coughing and coughing and coughing. And then I heard her throw up. Twice. And there was a lot of it. I pulled over as soon as I could to survey the damage. I pulled out a wet one and started laughing. It was all over her clothes, her car seat and cover and her toys & blankets. I knew the wet one wasn't going to do anything. I was half way to daycare and decided there was no way I could take her there in the condition that she & her car seat were in so I headed back home to get her cleaned up. After stripping her down & tearing apart her car seat,  I took her temperature and she wasn't running a fever and she was in a happy & content mood. I figured that she wasn't sick, but must have thrown up from coughing so hard. Traci said she could come to daycare as long as she was happy & not running a fever. But by this point, everything was in the washing machine so I didn't have a way to get her to daycare.
 
I stayed home with her in the morning. We watching cartoons, snuggled on the couch, ate lunch and had a great time. Nick got home at noon and stayed home with her while I went into work.
 
I snapped some pictures of her watching cartoons!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment