Friday, February 7, 2014

Mommy & Mini Weekend Wrap-up

Last weekend, Nick went on a short snowmobiling trip with Dave. So it was a Mommy & Kimber weekend!! This was the first time I've been home all Saturday with Kimber in months! It seems like we always having something planned for the weekends and recently I've been spending my Saturdays in the office working on year-end. When Nick first told me he wanted to go on this trip, all I could think about was how exhausted I was going to be taking care of Kimber alone for 2 days straight. She's such an easy, laid back baby during the day - so I wasn't concerned about taking care of her during the day. But her sleep had not been the best over the last month & I was thinking I wasn't going to get any sleep. But I was wrong! She is on such a routine and goes down for naps/bedtime so much better now that she's becoming much easier to take care of alone.
 
On Friday night, we went up to Alden to hang out with a group of friends. We got home around 9pm and I thought Kimber could sleep in bed with me. I wanted her close to me!! But she wouldn't fall asleep, so I put her in her crib and she was out in 5 minutes!
 
Saturday morning, we hung out at home and spent time playing with her toys. Beau & Steph stopped over to borrow some clothes for their trip to Punta Cana next week {wish we were going!!} and the kids played together. After they left, I put Kimber down for her 10am nap, got ready, fed Kimber when she woke up and then headed to Tyson's basketball game. She did great at the game, but was ready for a nap by 2pm. She took a 2 hour nap in her crib and I snuggled up in the lazy boy and took a nap, too! After she woke up, we played in her room, she ate, we gave her a bath, read a couple books and it was time for bed again!
 
It was a perfect day with my baby girl!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. She looks so grown up. I miss her so much! When I saw the picture of her picking up her food a tear ran down my face. Give her kisses from her Auntie Oobie.

    ReplyDelete