Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Life Lately...

I want to update my blog...I really do! Add pictures of Kimber and keep everyone updated on how she's doing. BUT I've been so busy living life that I haven't had time to sit down and write about it.

Here's our typical day:
5:30am   - I wake up
                Pump for 15 minutes
                Get Kimber's bottles ready for daycare
6:00am   - Wake up Nick & he gets ready for work
                I get in the shower & get ready for work
6:15am   - Nick wakes up Kimber, changes her diaper, feeds her and gets her dressed
6:40am   - After giving Kimber lots of kisses {and a couple for Daddy, too}- I head to work
7:00am   - Nick leaves the house, drops Kimber off at daycare and goes to work
9:00am   - Pump for 15 minutes
12:00pm - Pump for 15 minutes
3:00pm   - Pump for 15 minutes
4:00pm   - Leave work and pick Kimber up from daycare {my favorite part of the day!!}

 
So as you can see - I'm at work for 9 hours a day and am pumping about 1.5 hours of that time {by the time you factor in prep time, pump time & clean up time} and eat breakfast & lunch there. Needless to say - I'm busy from the second I get to work until I'm rushing to get out of there for the day!

4:45pm - Get home
              Freeze milk I pumped that day
              Get frozen milk out for the next day
              Wash bottles & pump pieces {holy moly there's a lot to wash!}
              Think about getting supper ready.
              Laundry. Pick up living room/kitchen. Other things around the house

Luckily, Kimber has started to like the swing & bouncy since going to daycare so I am able to put her in those during this time. I turn on fun upbeat music on Pandora and she does great! And Mommy dances/sings to the music for her!


5:30pm   - Nick gets home from work
                He typically tries to get things done outside - pick up sticks, mow, spray weeds,
                   clean the swimming pool
                He is also GREAT help around the house - helping with laundry, dishes & making
                supper
6:00pm   - Nurse Kimber
6:30pm   - Get supper ready, eat and do dishes {again}
              - Depending on the day & what Kimber's mood is like - this time of the day varies
                   - Play with Kimber
                   - Run errands in Ames
                   - Do things around the house


8:30pm   - Start the bedtime routine
              - Nick gives Kimber her bath, lotions her up, brushes her hair and puts her in her
                pajamas.
9:00pm   - Nurse Kimber
9:30pm   - Put Kimber to bed
10:00pm - Nick & I go to bed {and hope Kimber sleeps through the night!}

We really have a good routine right now. Which of course will last about another month until harvest season starts and Nick is up at the farm all night long.

I'm hoping to start working out on a regular basis - I'd either have to fit it in at 5:00am or after work sometime. Oh yeah, and find time to update the blog, too! Right now I'm choosing sleep over working out or blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment