Saturday, August 10, 2013

Kimber: Two Months Old

I'm hoping things will settle down and I'll actually have time to post Kimber's monthly updates more timely!!
We were in Omaha at TJ's house {for Blake's funeral} when she turned 2 months, so I was unable to take her monthly photo until she was 2 months, 5 days.


The two month mark has been amazing! Kimber is more awake & alert during the day. She's really started to smile and coo now and she'll react when she hears mine or Nick's voice. Her head control is getting better, so she is able to look around more and loves to be held upright and be walked around.

Her stats are from her 2 month appointment when she was 10 weeks old
{I had to rescheduled her appointment due to being in Omaha}
Weight: 13 pounds, 7 ounces {82.52%}.
Height: 23 inches {55.87%}.

 
Diaper Size: Size 1. After having 3 blowouts in one weekend in newborn diapers, we decided it was time to move her up to size 1 diapers on July 14. {however, she's had several blowouts in size 1, so I don't think the diaper size was to blame!}


Clothing Size: 0-3 month. The week of July 4, we packed away all her newborn clothes. Some of them were starting to get too short on her, so it was time to move her up to the next size. Plus, we have so many adorable 0-3 month clothes that I wanted her to be able to wear them!
 


 
Sleeping:  Typically sleeping 6 hours at night between feedings, she has done a couple 7 and 8 hour nights. Now that she's at daycare and getting more stimulation during the day from all the kids, she's sleeping longer at night.

She is more awake during the day. I noticed a big change from week 6 to week 7 - she is more alert and wants to interact with others & toys. She typically takes a cat naps in the morning and then a long nap in the afternoon {1-3pm}.
 
 
Food: Exclusively on breast milk.

She has 4 4oz bottles during the day and I nurse her 2-3 times a day.
Nick gives her a morning bottle around 6:30am and she takes 3 bottles at daycare - 9:00am, 12:00pm and 3:00pm. I nurse her at 6:00pm, 9:00pm and if she wakes up in the middle of the night.

She is an eater! She'll take her bottles cold or warm and eat from any bottle/nipple that we've tried. She will even take a bottle from me {which I've heard some breastfeed babies will not take a bottle from mom}.

 
Likes: Musical toys, activity gym, being swaddled at night {Woombie is our swaddle of choice}, paci, bath time, being held upright and walking around

Disikes: Being cold, staying still {she needs to be moving!}
 



Things to note:
July was a whirlwind and full of ups & downs.  My brother, Uncle TJ, came to stay with us for the first week of July. Even though it was his vacation - he didn't get much rest at my house! He grilled dinner for us several times {his hot wings are amazing!}, helped set up/prep food for our annual July 4 party, made decorations for Kimber's baptism and played with Kimber a lot!

The end of July wasn't as happy. Blake, my nephew {TJ's son}, lost his battle with cancer after 1 1/2 years. Kimber & I were in Omaha for a week to say goodbye to Blakey & to support TJ during this difficult time. My heart is broken knowing that I'll never see Blakey again, but knowing that he is not in pain anymore makes it a little better. A little. Not much.

July 4th was Kimber's first holiday. She looked so cute in her red, white & blue outfits and headbands! We had our annual July 4th celebration with our friends and family. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to participate in all the fun activities this year {slip n slide/pool} - but next year she'll be splashing around in the pool with all the other kids!

Kimber was baptized on July 7. Having her baptized as soon after her birth was very important to Nick & I. She was baptized in the same church that Nick & I were married in {and by the same pastor} and we held the luncheon in the basement of the church. My MIL prepared all the food and set up the decorations for the luncheon. It was a perfect day celebrating Kimber.
 
Kimber started daycare on July 15. It was hard on Mom the first week. But now that we're in our routine, it's gotten easier! Plus, I can already tell that she loves daycare & is getting so much more interaction than she did at home. Our daycare provider, Traci, has been amazing and I can already tell that we're going to love her!

We have established both a good morning and night time routine.
I wrote about it here: Life Lately

In her first month, Kimber didn't really like Daddy much since I was the one feeding her & spending most of the time with her. But since Nick does bath time at night and gets her ready in the morning - she is becoming more of a Daddy's girl!

Kimber really likes to know what is going on and be on the move. After we get home from work, she loves to be held upright and be walked around. We call this her walka - walka - walka time. There have been times that I've walked laps around the house for an entire hour with her!! {It's exhausting, but at least I'm getting some exercise!!}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment