Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Adventureland Fun

It's amazing how my weekends have changed. I used to feel busy on the weekends when I had several parties/events to attend, dinner with friends or traveling out of town. Now I feel busy just being at home - taking care of a newborn is alot of work! Kimber is at the age where she can entertain herself for about 20 minutes but after that it's my turn to entertain her. Playing with toys, walking her around, dancing to music with her...it's all very exhausting!! But I wouldn't change it for the world - I love to watch her grow and change!

Last weekend, I changed out her 0-3 month clothes for 3-6 month clothes. At her 2 month appointment, her weight & height showed that she should already be in 3-6 month clothes, but I was in denial that she needed bigger clothes {I want my baby to stay little}! But after seeing her in pajamas last week and not being able to stretch out - I decided it was time!! I started this project on Friday night and finally finished it on Sunday afternoon!
 
Most of her 3-6 month clothes - I still have a large order from Carter's coming in the mail.
Oops, I may have gone overboard on the shopping!!
 
 
Trying on her new Baby GAP jeans for fall!
 
Hanging out in the nursery while I organize her clothes
 
On Saturday, we went to Adventureland with Nick's family. We didn't go on very many rides, but it was nice to spend time with the family and watch Chloe & Baby Abey having fun! Kimber either slept in her stroller or Nick carried her.

She loved facing out and being able to see everything.



Daddy won stuffed animals for Kimber at Adventureland!
 
 
Daddy named the dragon Smokey
 
 
 

We also introduced Kimber to the bumbo this weekend. She loves it! She likes to look around and see what is going on, so it’s perfect for her. We’re still working head strength, but between tummy time and sitting in the bumbo – she should be sitting up straight in no time.
Loving the bumbo!

Her head is getting so strong

Overall, it was a fun & exhausting weekend! I'm sure that will be the theme of many more weekends over the next couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment