Monday, January 21, 2013

Ultrasound: Baby's first pictures!!

We had our ultrasound at 20 weeks and it was an amazing experience!

When the ultrasound technician walked into the room - I told her that we didn't want to find out what we were having and she never told/showed us. By the end of the ultrasound, she knew what we were having but didn't put anything in our file so the nurse or doctor wouldn't slip and tell us.

Going into the ultrasound appointment, I was both nervous and excited. My nervousness was due to the fact that I have a family history of medical issues - a sister with Down's syndrome, a cousin with William's syndrome, a nephew with several medical issues and a niece born with a cleft lip. I know not all these medical issues are hereditary, but it also makes you more aware of problems that can happen when having a baby. I was worried the ultrasound technician was going to find something wrong with our baby. But with every measurement and test she did on the baby - I relaxed more & more as she said the results looked normal. Finally, she told us that everything looked great and the baby was healthy!! I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I was so happy...I started crying because I was so excited that we were going to have a healthy baby!

Meet Baby H - happy & healthy!!!
 
 
I even asked her to look at the baby's toes to see if she could tell if it had my toes {my 2nd toe overlaps my big toe} and she didn't believe the baby's were crossed - woohoo - the baby won't have my ugly feet!!

Look at baby's little foot - so cute!!

The ultrasound took about 45 minutes and we were in awe the entire time! Baby H was alittle sleepy at first, so s/he didn't move very much. But as the exam continued - s/he was moving more & more! We were able to see the baby moving it's mouth - Nick said the baby is going to take after mom and talk alot!! We saw the baby kicking, stretching, moving it's arms and squirm around - with every movement it made me happy to know that everything was going well with the pregnancy.


The baby is measuring about 3 days behind my due date. Part of me is not surprised about this since both Nick & I are on the short side...maybe it just means that we'll have a smaller baby??! Who knows...I might just be making that up? Since I've gotten pregnant, I felt like I was going to go past my due date and after hearing this news - it makes me think that even more.

One of my favorite parts of the ultrasound - Nick held my hand during the entire thing and he was so attentive - asked the technician several questions about what he was seeing. We would squeeze each other's hand when we saw the baby's heart beat, the baby moving around or when it sucked on it's hand.

After seeing the baby on the ultrasound - it makes me even more excited to meet Baby H!! Only 20 more weeks until we get to meet our baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment