Friday, January 11, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

I'm almost half way through this pregnancy and I've finally caught the "decorate the nursery" bug. So of course, I've been pinning away ideas on Pinterest {love the new secret boards} - trying to find ideas and inspiration!

Here are some items that I've been drawn towards:
  • Apple Green - This color has stuck out to me. I love it and I feel it's perfect for a gender neutral nursery. {Green is my favorite color,so I'm not surprised I'm drawn towards this color}
  • Orange - I love this color and might add pops of it into the nursery. My only concern is that it seems more boyish to me and feel it might make the nursery look like it's for a little boy.
  • Gray - Gray is the new brown for the neutral base color. You can hardly find any nursery inspirations that don't have gray walls, cribs, fabric or other gray items incorporated  {or maybe that's all I'm looking at}.
  • White furniture - I like the white furniture for a couple reasons. We live in the country and it seems like I'm always dusting our dark furniture. White seems more clean, fresh and simple. I really like the way it looks.

Here are some nurseries that have been an inspiration to me:

I pretty much love everything about this nursery. The color scheme, the fabric, the white furniture, the simplicity - it's everything I am looking for in a nursery. Unfortunately,  like I said  - I feel like the orange makes it look like a baby boy's room...so I'm going to stay away from so much of that color.

 
{via}
 
 
You'll see a theme with the next nursery inspiration rooms - dark gray walls, plush rockers, gray/white furniture, pops of green and fun prints on the walls.
 
 
 
{via}
 
 
 
{via}
 

{via}
 
 
I also want to have good storage in the nursery and this piece from Ikea would be perfect. I love the pops of green with the baskets!!
 
 
{via}
 
 
The Hemnes bedroom line from Ikea is perfect for the nursery. I love how the dresser doubles as a changing table.
 
 
via}
 
 
I've already ordered the crib and fabric for the nursery {I plan on making the crib skirt, pillows and curtains}. I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm excited to get started on decorating the nursery!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment