Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baby H: 20 weeks


 
How far along? 20 weeks {HALF WAY THERE!!}

Baby Size: Baby H is 10.6 oz and 6.5 inches. The size of an small cantaloupe.

Total weight gain: 17 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I've been on a shopping spree lately - lots & lots of maternity clothes. I'm hoping these clothes will get me most of the way through the rest of the pregnancy. {But I know I'll buy pieces here & there for special occasions}  I ordered everything online and tried them on when I got them in the mail...so I figured I'd snap a couple pictures!
  


 
Sleep: I'm enjoying it while I can still get it!!

Best moment this week: Seeing Baby H on the ultrasound!! I was so nervous the technician was going to tell us there was something wrong with the baby {due to a family history of medical issues}. I was SO relieved when she said Baby H was healthy...made me so happy...and cry like a baby.

Miss Anything?  Coffee. Good coffee with lots of caffeine and flavor. I've stopped drinking coffee and have 1 can of Diet Mountain Dew a day. I can't wait to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte when this pregnancy is over!!

Movement: I am definitely feeling real movement now. It is still happening about 30 minutes after I eat, but it is more defined kicks instead of just a feeling in my lower belly. Nick lays on my belly at night, hoping to hear the baby move, but all he ever hears is my stomach growling.

Food cravings: Two weekends of pancakes and I'm over that phase. I haven't really been eating anything too crazy with this pregnancy {yet}. I actually eat the same thing everyday during the week - granola bar for breakfast; apple for 10am snack; grilled chicken salad with cottage cheese for lunch; orange for 4pm snack and then something half-way healthy for supper. Of course, I throw sweets in there but overall it's pretty boring. Oh...and the weekends are a free-for-all...never know what I'll eat on the weekend but I bet that's where most of my calorie intake is happening!!

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: No sickness. Still getting bloody noses - mostly in the mornings {part of that might be due to the dry air}.

Gender: I had 3 dreams last week about baby girls...wonder if that's a sign that we're having a girl?!?

Have you started to show yet: The baby bump is getting bigger! I'm sure I'll look back in 10 weeks and laugh at the size of my {little} bump at 20 weeks!
 
Mood: Stressed. Not gonna lie - this week has been stressful. It's my busy time at work with year-end reporting, so I'm working extra hours {including weekends}. We're still looking for daycare. And my grandpa has been in the hospital with heart and kidney issues. Maybe I need to go for a massage?!?

**And since I'm half way done - I've added a couple new topics**

Stretch marks: Nope, I lube up with Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion every morning & hoping I don't get any!

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding ring on or off: On

Labor Signs: No
 
Thoughts: I feel blessed everyday that I am experiencing this pregnancy. It took us almost 1 1/2 years to get to this point, so I am not taking any of it for granted. I am embracing all the good & bad that may come with this pregnancy. I thank God every.single.day that our prayers were answered.

The ultrasound went great. We told the technician right way that we didn't want to find out what we were having and she never showed us "the goods". The baby cooperated well, so they were able to do all the measurements and determine everything looked healthy with the baby. I am measuring alittle behind my due date - about 3 days, so I could go later than my June 5 due date.

Picking out names is hard! We've had a girls name picked out since week 6 and are still about 99.99% set on that name. A boys name?? Nothing. We can't agree on a name at all.

Have I mentioned that I'm not really a baby person? I'm not the type of person that oooh's and aaah's over pictures of babies. When there are babies around - I don't feel the need to hold them like most woman do. Don't get me wrong - I love kids...but more so when they get to be about 1 1/2 years old and are fun to play with!! Guess I better become a baby person {soon}!

 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the maternity clothes. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new outfits! You make being pregnant look so fun! So excited for you & Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a 'baby' person either but that all changes when it is your own!

    ReplyDelete