Monday, January 14, 2013

Nursery Notes

It's safe to say that I'm in full nursery planning mode. If you know me - you know I love to plan things - any excuse to make a list makes me happy!! The list has started...

 
 
First up - picking out the fabric. When I started thinking about decorating the nursery, I didn't want to buy a bedding set with a  bumper, blanket, crib skirt, etc. Instead I wanted to pick fabric that I loved and base the room around it.  I knew I wanted something gender neutral since we were not finding out the sex of the baby and our kids will be sharing a room {once another one comes along}. I searched the Internet and found the perfect fabric on fabric.com - {Premier Prints Twill Line} it had the color & pattern combinations that I was going for. Once I received them in the mail and saw them in person - I loved them even more!!
 
 
The room will be based around the colors in the chevron pattern - gray, white, apple green, red and aqua. I am searching for a basic aqua cotton fabric to add as an accent piece. 
 
 
Next up - picking out the crib. When I started looking at nursery inspirations on Pinterest, I fell in love with colored cribs. I really wanted an apple green colored crib, but that was too hard to find & I didn't want to paint one. So I went with a gray crib instead. I decided on the Baby Mod Modena crib from Walmart in cool gray.
 
 
The crib was really easy to put together - it only took me 20 minutes. After putting the crib together and seeing it with the fabric - I knew my vision was all coming together!
 
 
 
 
 
Next up - picking out paint color. As you can see from the pictures above - this ugly yellow color has got to go! The room was painted this color when we moved in and I never took the time to repaint it since I knew it would be the nursery someday.
 
I want to paint the room a darker gray color and have picked out 4 sample colors.
 
 
Finding a true gray color is harder than I thought it would be - most have either a purple {#4} or green {#1} undertone to them.  I'm leaning towards sample #3, but want to see them in the daylight before I make my final decision.
 
 
Nick is working on prepping the room, so he can start painting it this week.
 

 
Our furniture was picked up from Ikea this weekend and we should have it sometime this week!! That's all the progress we've made on the nursery so far...not too bad for 2 weeks!!
 
Next on our list of to-do's is:
1. Finalize the paint color
2. Paint the room
3. Put up crown molding
4. Order a crib mattress
5. Put furniture together
 
I'm hoping to get these steps done in the next 2-3 weeks. More to come as progress is made...
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love #3 also. Not too dark or too light.

    ReplyDelete