Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby H: 21 weeks



 
How far along? 21 weeks

Baby Size: Baby H is 12.7 oz and 10.5 inches. The size of a banana.

Total weight gain: 19 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I'm doing a mix of regular clothes and maternity clothes. I still wear all my pre-pregnancy leggings with cardigans/tunics, but I'm also wearing maternity jeans/tops/dresses. It's nice to have more options for things to wear. I'm actually finding it a lot of fun to dress the bump {and show it off} right now. Maternity clothes aren't the cutest - but at least I have a baby bump as an accessory to make them look cuter!!!
 
Sleep: Still no issues with sleep.

My MIL is a rock star painter!
Best moment this week: The nursery is painted!! Nick & his mom painted the room while I was at work on Saturday morning. I'm still trying to decide if I love the paint color - it's more of a blue/gray than a true gray. We picked up the rest of the furniture for the nursery on Sunday. I wanted to put it together right away, but I have to wait for Nick to put up the crown molding in the room. {bummer} The room is starting to come together!

Miss Anything?  We went to a wedding this past weekend and I really wanted to have a drink! It wasn't really the drink itself that I was missing...but the act of drinking with everyone.  This is the first wedding I've been to where I haven't drank - I didn't realize how much more fun wedding are with a beer in your hand!! But I also loved that I wasn't hung over the next day!!

 


Movement: I beginning to feel more & more movement - mostly at night after I eat supper and I'm sitting on the couch. Probably due to the fact that I'm relaxing & concentrating on it more. I'm really starting to feel kicks & punches now! Every time I feel something, Nick hurries to feel my belly...but he hasn't felt anything yet.

Food cravings: No cravings - but I am eating more sweets than I ever did before I was pregnant. I'm usually not a huge fan of chocolate/desserts, but the baby seems to like them!!

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: Week 3 of bloody noses. I'm ready to be done with this symptom.

Gender: Not finding out, but I thought it would be fun to do some of the old wives tales to predict the gender of the baby. Chinese Birth Chart:  This method usese the Lunar calendar to determine your babies gender based on the mothers age at time of conception and the month of conception. Based in this wives tale: it's a girl.

Have you started to show yet: Everyone says the bump looks bigger in person than in my weekly bump update pictures. I had a lot of people came up to me at the wedding and comment on my baby bump! I've actually had strangers make comments on my belly and asking when I am due - I feel like it seems more real when random people start up a conversation about it!

Mood: Let the stress continue. Still looking for a daycare. My Grandpa went back into the hospital with kidney/bladder/heart issues. My nephew {who has cancer} is in the hospital. And I'm still working extra hours due to year-end reporting.

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding ring on or off: On

Labor Signs: No

Thoughts: Nick & I attended a wedding on Saturday night for a high school buddy of his. The wedding was performed by the same Pastor that married us. It's amazing how different a wedding ceremony is after you get married - I feel like you listen to the sermon closer and are more happy for the couple because you know how amazing marriage is. 

All of sudden, I feel like I need to start getting things ready for the baby - like now!. Get the nursery done. Start the registry. Maybe it's because I finally started working on the nursery and once I start planning something...watch out!! I go crazy! But I also know we'll have a busy April/May/June. We have 3 baby showers planned for Baby H, baby showers for friends, wedding showers, 4 weddings and several high school graduations. It's going to be crazy busy!! I'd like to get as much done as I can in February/March since most of my weekends will be full later on!!

I'm hosting a couples baby shower for a friend of mine {her husband & Nick are good friends} and I can't wait!! Again, I love planning events. But I'm also so excited for them to welcome Baby Boy R into the world! I've been searching Pinterest for shower ideas!!

Nick's old co-worker was in town for work this week, so we had a few friends over for dinner. One of the wives is due 5 days after me. So we broke away from the rest of the group & talked all things baby. It's so much fun to have friends due at the same time as me and to share stories/experiences!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment