Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Baby H: 18 weeks

 
 
How far along? 18 weeks

Baby Size: Baby H is 6.7 oz and 5.6 inches. The size of an sweet potato.

Total weight gain: 14 pounds. I am so happy for the holiday season to be over. I am ready to get back to working out & eating healthy on a regular basis.

Maternity clothes? I officially went maternity clothes shopping. And holy crap are those clothes expensive!! Jeans for $60 that aren't even very cute?!? I bought 2 pairs of jeans and a couple tops. {I accept hand me downs!!} As much as I like leggings - it's nice to wear regular clothes again!

**I take to many pictures of myself in the mirror**
 

Sleep: Sleep has been great. Actually, better than before I got pregnant. Before I got pregnant - I took a sleeping pill almost every night before bed {otherwise I would lay in bed for hours before falling asleep}. Now I sleep 10pm - 6am without taking any sleep aid!!

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move for the first time!!

Miss Anything? Nope, nothing. Not even drinking on NYE - but it helped that I had a non-drinking buddy to celebrate with.

Movement: We have movement!! On Monday, I was sitting at work and felt like I was riding a roller coaster {that feeling you get when you go down the steep hills on a coaster}  - I knew it had to be the baby moving! Nick keeps asking to feel it move, but I told him it'll be a couple weeks before he'll be able to feel anything.

Food cravings: No cravings.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been feeling great - nothing making me sick!

Gender: Not finding out.

Have you started to show yet: There is no denying it - I have a baby bump!
 
Mood: I'm excited for the new year - 2013 is going to be a great year! 5 months until we meet Baby H. 9 months until I stand next to my baby sister when she gets married.
 
Thoughts: Baby brain...this stuff is for real! I am so forgetful these days - I can't remember people's names or names of objects. It drives me crazy!!

My hair finally got the memo that I'm pregnant. I've heard stories about how your hair grows faster & gets thicker when you're pregnant, but until about a week ago - mine was still falling out. {I have an under active thyroid and that's one of the side effects} I'm happy my hair is growing!!

I've started making purchases for the baby. I bought a couple light weight gender neutral onesies/sleepers at Target - perfect for summer. I also bought the crib and fabric for the babies room! Can't wait to start on the nursery!

We got our new vehicle - a 2013 Toyota 4Runner and I LOVE it! It'll be the perfect vehicle for our new little one!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment