Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas 2014: Traditions {Visiting Santa & Ornaments}

One tradition we started last year, was going to the mall to pick out Kimber's ornament and visit Santa. I want Kimber to have her own ornament that reflects the events of the year.  Also, to have when she moves out of our house and decorates her first Christmas tree - she'll have a tree full of ornaments & memories to go along with them. 
 
I know, planning ahead right?!? It's my type A personality.
 
We picked her up from daycare, changed her clothes and headed down to Ames. When we got to the mall, she was as happy as can be. Walking through the stores, saying 'HI' to everyone she saw and playing on the riding toys.
 


 
After playing for awhile, it was time to pick out her ornament.
 

Kimber thought the shark ornament was a reflection of the events in our lives in 2014.
I had to re-direct her away from the shark ornament...
 

...and towards the doctor themed ornaments!!
 
I figured with two tube surgeries for Kimber and Nick's fall & four day stay at the hospital. A doctor themed ornament was the most fitting to reflect 2014 for our family!

 



 



Next up - visit Santa!!
Before we went to sit on his lap, we thought it would be a good idea to get a snack so she wasn't crabby from an empty tummy.
 







The snack did not help. At all. She would NOT go near Santa. I was holding her and the closer we got to him, the tighter she wrapped her little body around me. Squeezing me tight. I could not pull her away from me, so we didn't even attempt to put her on Santa's lap and get a picture. Not even a crying picture!

This is the closest she got to the jolly old man in red.
The sad face is really cute, though.
 

 
We walked around the mall for awhile and bought her Christmas dress.
 
We walked past Santa again and tried to bribe her  to sit on his lap with M&M's, but she still would not go near him.
 




Oh well, we always have next year...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment