Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014 Weekend: Weekend Wrap-up



On Friday morning, we all slowly woke up and gathered in the living room. With our coffee, of course. Since I had my brother & dad still at our house, I had them help Nick put the entertainment center together. While they carried it up from the basement & assembled it, Granny read a couple books to Kimber.  
 

 
After everyone left, we put the Christmas tree up and started decorating!! I was so excited to have Kimber help me decorate the tree. That is, until we started decorating and she was more interested in playing with the decorations & taking them off the tree, than putting them on the tree! It'll be an interesting holiday season keeping her away from the tree!
 



 
I didn't do any other decorating around the house. Mostly because our Christmas totes are in the garage behind a bunch of other boxes and I didn't feel like finding them & getting them out. I know I have a mini Christmas tree for Kimber's room, so I'd like to find it and put it up before Christmas! I'll probably pick up more decorations after the holiday when they are on sale to have for next year.


I love how cozy our living room looks with the tree up! I'm also excited for the living room to be coming together with having the entertainment center up. I also ordered a new rug for the living room and put it down a couple days ago.
 


This was my view as I was working on Christmas cards.
 


It was my birthday on Friday, but we didn't have big plans.
We stayed home, made dinner and hung out as a family.
And had a couple drinks to celebrate!!


We also broke out the Christmas/Winter jammies!!
 

On Saturday, we decided to get out of the house and do some Christmas shopping.
 


I think we spent more time entertaining Kimber than shopping, but we had a great day together. She loved going on a ride and playing in the mall play area.

 
We dropped Kimber off with Gramma & Papa and went out to dinner with friends. I was excited for a date night out!! We went to the Japanese steakhouse and had a great time!




We had a very lazy day on Sunday. Mostly because I had to much to drink the night before!! We picked KImber up from Gramma & Papa's, took a long nap together and hung out around the house.
 
We do a name draw for my family and drew the names on Sunday. Kimber had fun drawing the names! And played with the hat/paper for an hour after we were done with the drawings!
 



We ended the night watching a movie by the glow of the Christmas tree.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment