Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas 2014: Merry & Bright {Our Favorite Books}

This holiday season is flying by! I can't believe there is only 2 1/2 weeks until Christmas. There are so many festive things I want to do and check off our holiday to-do list, but I'm afraid we'll run out of time. We still need to visit Santa and pick out Kimber's ornament. We're hoping to go down to Ames this week and check this off our list. I don't want to go crazy since Kimber is still young and won't remember, but I would like to decorate a gingerbread house, do a plaster handprint ornament and look at Christmas lights. These might have to be Mommy/Daughter projects while Nick is hunting next weekend.
 
Even if we don't find time to do all those items, one thing we can cross off the list is to read Christmas/Winter themed books. Kimber has several Christmas/Winter themed books and we read them every night. I posted about some of her favorites from last year here
 
Two of her favorites so far this year are:
 

 
Both of these books are really easy to read and the Little Blue book even has blinking lights at the end. I picked up three more books for her this weekend and I can't wait to read them to her this week!
 
These pictures have the Christmas theme trifecta: Christmas books. Christmas jammies. Christmas tree.
 
Now if only my house had better lighting at night, so my pictures weren't so dark.
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment