Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014: Weekend Wrap-up

Our Thanksgiving started on Wednesday night, when my family arrived at our house. Kimber & I got home from work/daycare a little early to get things ready at the house and she had to show off her Thanksgiving craft to Daddy!!
 
 
 
Dad & Donna showed up around 7:00pm and TJ & Haley got to our house at 9:00pm. It started to snow late in the afternoon and the road conditions were not ideal for travel. They saw several accidents on their way up and it took TJ 5 hours instead of the normal 3 1/2 hour trip from Omaha!
 
We have a tradition of having dinner & drinks on Wednesday night. I made a crock pot meal, so it was ready when every showed up at our house and we made sure to have plenty of drinks on hand! Nick's parents come over for dinner, drinks and to visit with my family. We all ended up going to bed around midnight and knew it was going to be an early morning!!

 
Everyone enjoyed a couple cups of coffee the next morning!
 

 
Daddy & Kimber snuggled!!




We make cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving morning.
 

 
Kimber loved them!
 




 
We started prepping the appetizers and main dishes.
 


I usually use my nice white serving platters. But they're in a box. Somewhere in the garage. Or basement. So we used the 4th of July platters in their place.
 

 
 



 
And of course, I had a special outfit for Kimber to wear for the holiday!


I chased her around the house trying to get a picture of her in the outfit. She did her best to ignore me and the camera.
 
 







 
She had fun playing with Papa Mickey!
 



 
We sat down to eat our Thanksgiving dinner at 1:00pm.
Kimber doesn't usually like mashed potatoes, but she ate all of them on Thanksgiving!!
 
 



After dinner, it was time to relax and take a nap!! Kimber took at 2 1/2 hour nap in her bed! She was exhausted from staying up late the night before and getting up early!!
 
 
And so was I!!
I feel asleep and my sister took this picture of me sleeping & posted it on Facebook. Guess it's payback for all those sleeping picture I've taken of Kimber & Nick in the past!

 
Everyone relaxed in the living room until it was time for pie!!
 

It was a great Thanksgiving Day with my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment