Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Checklist before baby

With 2 weeks left until my due date...I'd say we're pretty much prepared for the baby to get here. The items we have left on the to-do list aren't big deals {except for the baby's name, but we'll figure that out} and it'll be fine if they don't get done before the baby arrives.

Now, the weather needs to cooporate so the guys can get the crops in the fields so Nick will be around once the baby is born!!

Already completed:
  • Pick a name {girl} - done
  • Pre-register at the hospital
  • Take childbirth prep classesdecided not to go to classes but watch the DVD instead
  • Write birth plan– my plan is to listen to the doctor and do whatever they tell me to do!
  • Complete shower registry - it's as complete as it's going to get since I don't really know what I need.
  • Maternity photos - done and I LOVE them!!
  • Book newborn photographer
  • Design & order thank you cards for shower - designed cards to match the chevron pattern for the nursery and love them!
  • Wash all baby items - I washed some items, but decided that I didn't want to wash all of them...
  • Put away and organize baby items - all items from our showers are organized & put away in the nursery
  • Finalize maternity leave with employer - I'm going to take 6 weeks off...maybe 8. We'll figure it out when the baby gets here. I might do some work from home, so I can take a longer maternity leave.
  • Read childbirth books - I feel like the videos did a good enough job explaining things that I don't need to do any additional reading.
  • Set up dog sitting while we're at the hospital - Since it'll be summer & Jayde is outside she'll be fine for a couple days on her own. Nick will run home & check on her.
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 1
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 2
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 3
  • Get a pedicure - got one a couple weekends ago...but I need another one - planning on going Thursday after my doctor's appointment.
  • Assemble all baby gear - all items that we have are assembled
  • Purchase baby items needed not gifted at shower - need to decide if I want to buy a couple things, but I'm mostly done with buying items until after the baby is here & I figure out what additional items we need.
  • Buy postpartum supplies - ice packs, sanitary pads, panty liners, wipes/creams
  • Pack hospital bag {baby} - baby's diaper bag is packed with a couple sleep sacks, swaddlers and going home outfits.
  • Make and freeze some meals - made 10 frozen meals with a friend & I can't wait to try all of them!
  • Pack hospital bag {mom}- most of the items are packed besides the day to day things I use {straightening iron, etc}. I'm not too worried - I figure I'll be in labor for several hours at home before I have to head to the hospital.
  • Buy nursing supplies - nursing pads {done}, nursing bras {done}, pump pieces {done}, milk collection bags {done}, bottles {done}
  • Research health insurance for baby - baby will be added to my health insurance.
  • Watch DVD childbirth prep video - the videos were very informational and hopefully they will help once I go into labor!
  • Watch Happiest Baby On the Block DVD - decided I don't want to watch any videos or read any books right now. Nick & I will figure it all out...and if we don't - then I might read a book or something. Our parents raised us without reading a book on how to do it..so I figure we can figure it out.
  • Install car seat - Nick's parents bought the carseat for us. They brought it down to our house this week - within 5 minutes of Nick getting home, he had it installed in my vehicle. Guess he's ready for the baby to be here!!
  • Purchase and install carbon monoxide detector - Nick was able to get one from work.
  • Find pediatricianfound who we want to use and will set up follow-up appointments with him when we are discharged from the hospital.
Pre-baby:
  • Pick a name {boy} – still can’t decide on a boys name.
  • Pack ‘daddy hospital survival kit’ - I have this started with new pj bottoms and his travel toiletry bag - but need to buy candy, food, soda, magazines, etc for Nick.
  • Clean up around the house - we've cleaned the entire house and trying to maintain that until the baby gets here! It's not easy to do when we keep accumulating more & more baby stuff!
  • Finish nursery - all the big things {furniture/bedding} are done...just working on the details - hang frames {done}, make fabric bunting {done}, make crib bumper{done}, buy clock, cover lamp shade with fabric, make changing pad cover, order rug, hang lanterns, hang bunting
  • Get a haircut - appointment is scheduled for this week.

Post-baby:
  • Call friends & family to announce arrival of baby
  • Send out birth announcement email to coworkers
  • Call newborn photographer to schedule session
  • Call to start FMLA/disability paperwork
  • Add baby to health insurance
  • Mail out birth certificate
  • Mail out birth announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment