Monday, May 6, 2013

Checklist before Baby

I've made progress on the checklist in the last 30 days and now we only have 30 days until the baby arrives!! I feel like I have plenty of time to get these items done before the baby gets here...

Already completed:
  • Pre-register at the hospital
  • Take childbirth prep classesdecided not to go to classes but watch the DVD instead
  • Write birth plan– my plan is to listen to the doctor and do whatever they tell me to do!
  • Complete shower registry - it's as complete as it's going to get since I don't really know what I need.
  • Maternity photos
  • Book newborn photographer
  • Design & order thank you cards for shower - designed cards to match the chevron pattern for the nursery and love them!
  • Wash all baby items - I washed some items, but decided that I didn't want to wash all of them...
  • Put away and organize baby items - all items from our showers are organized & put away in the nursery
  • Finalize maternity leave with employer - I'm going to take 6 weeks off...maybe 8. We'll figure it out when the baby gets here. I might do some work from home, so I can take a longer maternity leave.
  • Read childbirth books - I feel like the videos did a good enough job explaining things that I don't need to do any additional reading.
  • Set up dog sitting while we're at the hospital - Since it'll be summer & Jayde is outside she'll be fine for a couple days on her own. Nick will run home & check on her.
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 2
  • Get a pedicure - got one this weekend...depending on when I have the baby I might need another one before I have it.
  • Assemble all baby gear - all items that we have are assembled

Pre-baby:
  • Pick a namestill can’t decide on middle name for a boy and now Nick has decided he doesn't like the boys name...so looks like we're starting over with the name!?   
  • Watch DVD childbirth prep video - started watching the videos and are half way done with them.
  • Watch Happiest Baby On the Block DVD - we'll see if I get to this.
  • Find pediatricianfound who we want to use – need to call.
  • Research health insurance for baby - In the process of creating a spreadsheet to determine if the baby will go on Nick's insurance or my insurance or if we'll change to a family plan.
  • Pack hospital bag {mom}  - have a list of items started and plan on starting to pack this week
  • Pack hospital bag {baby} - have a list of items started and plan on starting to pack this week
  • Pack ‘daddy hospital survival kit’ - I want to make a basket with candy, food, soda, magazines, etc for Nick.
  • Clean up around the house - deep cleaned the entire upstairs of the house and trying to maintain that until the baby gets here!
  • Make and freeze some meals - Planning on doing this with friends this month.
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 1 {I was waiting on the thank you cards to write these}
  • Write and send out thank you cards - Shower 3
  • Purchase baby items needed not gifted at shower - need to decide if I want to buy a couple things, but I'm mostly done with buying items until after the baby is here & I figure out what additional items we need.
  • Buy postpartum supplies - ice packs, sanitary pads, panty liners, wipes/creams
  • Buy nursing supplies - nursing pads, nursing bras, pump pieces, milk collection bags {done}, bottles {done}
  • Finish nursery - all the big things {furniture} are done...just working on the details {wall decor/accessories}
  • Install car seat - still haven't gotten the car seat yet...
  • Purchase and install carbon monoxide detector      
  • Get a haircut

Post-baby:
  • Call friends & family to announce arrival of baby
  • Send out birth announcement email to coworkers
  • Call newborn photographer to schedule session
  • Call to start FMLA/disability paperwork
  • Add baby to health insurance
  • Mail out birth certificate
  • Mail out birth announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment