Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baby H: 36 weeks

 
How far along? 36 weeks.

Baby Size: Baby H is 18.75 inches and 5.75 pounds. The size of a crenshaw melon - whatever that is?!?

Total weight gain: 40 pounds.

Maternity clothes?  I've been getting lots of compliments on my maternity maxi dresses...some people {non-pregnant people} want to buy them even though they're maternity!! HA!
 
Sleep: I've started to use a white noise app on my phone to help me sleep. Funny story about that app - Nick was snoring away and I couldn't sleep so I decided to download an app on my phone to try it out. I selected the rain/thunderstorm noise - it was soothing and I did fall asleep to it. Nick asked me the next morning if it rained all night & he was worried that we got alot of rain & he wouldn't be able to get in the fields for awhile to plant. Oops..guess I should have told him!?! 

 
Best moment this week: Blayner girls baby shower!!! We painted pottery {I made a piggy bank for the nursery}, ate dinner & opened gifts at Ann's house and then had a slumber party at my house. It was fun celebrating the baby and catching up with my friends!

Miss Anything? Same ol' stuff - Bending over/moving normal/working out/pre-pregnancy body. Oh...and SLEEP!

Movement: Some days I barely feel the baby move and other days the baby moves like crazy!! I think it depends on how busy I am - if I'm busy at work and/or working on things at home - then I barely feel movement. If I actually stop to relax...then I tend to feel more movement.

Food cravings: No cravings...just eating several times during the day because I'm always hungry.



Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms:
- Nose Bleeds/Stuffy Nose.
- Pregnancy hoof.
- Pregnancy paw.
- Tailbone pain.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Rib pain - The rib pain is basically gone.
- Swelling {feet} - My feet have started hurting more & more. They're fine during the day, but it's at night when they really start to swell and hurt - Nick has been great and rubs them every night!
- Linea Nigra - I have a faint brown line that runs down my belly.
- Braxton Hicks contractions - feeling contractions throughout the day & evening.
- Pelvic pressure - I mostly feel this symptom when I'm walking - it doesn't hurt {yet}.
- Waddling - I am a waddling fool these days!!


Gender: Remember when I said we had finally decided on a boys name??! Now Nick has decided he's not sure if he likes the name, so I told him he has to come up with a name better than the one we have picked out to change my mind. He's been reading through the baby name book for 3 night straight!!  

Have you started to show yet: Sometimes I don't think I really look that big...that's what happens when you put the weight on slowly over the course of 9 months...you get used to it. Other times, I look in the mirror and think I look HUGE!

Mood: Anxious. With all the rain...Nick hasn't even started planting yet. I'd really like the planting to be done when the baby gets here so Nick can enjoy being at home for a few days with me & the baby and not have to rush back to the fields!

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: In. Way in...

Wedding ring on or off: Off.

Labor Signs: Feeling Braxton Hicks contractions - they go away when I move positions. I've started to feel more pressure in the pelvic area - I'm wondering if the baby has dropped more? {I'll find out at my appointment on Thursday}

Thoughts:
My brother, TJ,  is the most amazing dad you'll ever meet. He would do anything for his kids. I've always been close with him {he's only 1 year 2 weeks older than me} and when I did my internship in college, I lived with him and we got even closer. At that time, he only had Haley and she was about 1 1/2 years old. I'd take her on walks almost every night and we created a bond - she'll always be my little HayHay {even though she's 15 now!}. Since then he had a son, Blake. Who is the most outgoing, fun loving kid - he puts a smile on everyone's face. When we found out we were expecting - I sent TJ a card and told him that I hope Nick is half the dad to our baby that he is to his kids. Last week, he texted me and told me that I'll be "one HELL of a mom"...it brought tears to my eyes. He probably doesn't even know what it means to me to hear him say those words.

This will be my 2nd Mother's Day without my mom. Last year, I couldn't even bring myself to wish my step-mom or mother-in-law a Happy Mother's Day. But this year, I've decided I'm not going to be sad on that day. Instead of being upset about what I don't have...I'm going to embrace what I do have. Two amazing mothers in my life that love & support me. Sure...I'll still think about my mom and that I don't get to wish her happy mother's day - but I'm lucky to have others to share the day with.

I've starting making the packing lists for the baby and me for the hospital! I plan on having my bags packed by the end of the weekend. I've been looking on pinterest and blog stalking sites to see what others suggest to pack for the hospital. Ofcourse, my first step is to buy a new bag for  myself to pack everything in - I can't use something I already have for such a special event!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment