Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby H: 38 weeks

Check out those cankles...I'm feeling extra huge these days!!!

I also realized this is really bad lighting...

How far along? 38 weeks. 

Baby Size: Baby H is 19.75 inches and 6.8 pounds. The size of a pumpkin!!

Total weight gain: 42 pounds - so much for weight stabilization. I weigh myself in the morning, but I bet by the end of the day - with all the swelling & water I'm retaining...it's probably closer to 50 pounds!!

Maternity clothes?  I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot before I have the baby...since I don't have any shorts to wear {besides Nick's mesh shorts!!}
 
Sleep: I actually got some good sleep the first part of the week - sleeping almost the entire night and only getting up once to use the bathroom. One night, Nick got home late from the farm and left early the next morning & I didn't even wake up!! I say that's a win in the sleeping department!! 
 
Best moment this week: Lazy Sunday. Nick & I spent the ENTIRE day on the couch. It was nice to just relax & hang out since we've been so busy lately.

Miss Anything?  Bending over/moving normal/working out/pre-pregnancy body/sleep/yard work/gardening.  I miss having my legs shaved - it's turned into too much of a chore to do so it doesn't get done as much as I'd like!! Which isn't fun when you're wearing maxi dresses most of the time!

Movement: Nick has been able to feel the baby move more & more at night. The baby is usually active between 9-10pm {when I'm relaxing before bed} and Nick gets to feel all the kicks & jabs with me.
 
Food cravings: No cravings.

Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms:
- Nose Bleeds/Stuffy Nose.
- Pregnancy hoof.
- Pregnancy paw.
- Tailbone pain.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Rib pain.
- Linea Nigra.
- Swelling {feet} - Last year at this time, I loved 90 degree days...this year I love the 70 degree days...it means less swelling of the feet!!
- Braxton Hicks contractions - same thing as last week...tightening of the belly and some cramp like symptoms on my lower belly.
- Pelvic pressure - I'm starting to get more pressure and hip pain. I'm assuming it means the baby is dropping more?
- Waddling - The closer I get to the end...the worse it gets...
- Mucus Plug - gone. My doctor you can go into labor a couple days or a couple weeks after you lose it...

Gender: We still don't have a boys name picked out - not even close to deciding what we want. The girls name has been picked out since week 6. I have one girls & one boys outfit packed for the coming home outfit.

Have you started to show yet: It's not my belly that makes me feel huge...it's the extra weight I'm carrying on my thighs, arms and face. I can't wait to start working out again and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Funny story - Nick asked me last week if I was concerned about losing the weight after I had the baby...I told him we aren't going to talk about that! HA!

Mood: Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous...I don't feel nervous at all. I don't really think about the labor & how it's going to be because I know I have no control over it. And I'm not really nervous about bringing a baby home - I guess we'll figure it all out and I feel like we have such an amazing support system - with our families and all our friends.

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: In. Way in...

Wedding ring on or off: Off.

Labor Signs: All the labor signs have stayed the same as they have been the last 3ish weeks. I have a feeling this baby isn't coming soon...Nick & I both think I'll be a week overdue when it decides to make it's appearance.

Thoughts:

My SIL made me a hospital gown and it's super cute!! Can't wait to wear it {instead of the same old ugly hospital gowns} when I'm in the hospital!

See my curly hair in that picture?? Yep, that's my natural curl...I just straighten it most days. My hair was stick straight when I was little and then sometime around my sophomore year of college - it decided to go curly. I was hoping this pregnancy would make my hair straight again...but it looks like it made it even more curly. I'm not too happy about that!





Busy. Busy. Busy. Between getting my maternity leave tasks trained & documented at work. Trying to finish up the last minute things at home. And having some kind of party, wedding or event every weekend - I haven't really had much down time lately. Everyday I feel exhausted when I leave work and think maybe today is the day I will rest - nope. Instead...I work on writing thank yous, clean the house, organize something or sewing something like burp clothes, the crib bumper or a blanket. I'm not the type that can just go home and sit on the couch all night long. Hopefully I learn to slow down once the baby gets here and enjoy those little moments.

The waiting game is not fun. Will I go today or will it be 3 more weeks?  Every day before I leave work - I go over the things I am working on and what items are due with my co-workers incase I don't make it into work the next day!



I've mowed the yard twice in the last week - not to induce labor but because it needed to be done {and Nick has been at the farm for planting season}. Nick mowed part of the yard on Friday and said he left the "easy" part for me - when I got home...I saw he left the entire front hill for me to mow!! If you've seen our yard - you know that wouldn't be considered the easy part to mow!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment