Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New House: New Flooring

Before we moved into the new house, our plan was to put new carpet in the house. But after moving in, we decided that we would rather have the tile and laminate flooring throughout the first level replaced. This included the kitchen & dining room area, the hallway down to the bedrooms {which was carpeted}, the main bathroom, the mudroom/laundry room and the master bathroom. Which ate up our entire budget that we set aside for flooring. Due to the cost of replacing the entire main level with tile, we are holding off on new carpet until a later time.
 
It took us awhile to decide on flooring. Nick liked the more modern style, while I liked the traditional marble style tile. In the end, we went with my style since I will be decorating the house - it makes sense to go with my style.
 
The tile we decided on is from the Tarkett Premiere Luxury Vinyl Flooring Collection in Summer Slate Gold. I like the marble look to it and the fact that it has a gold tint to it since it goes with my original room design.
 
Inspiration via Pinterest:
 
 
On day one of installation, the flooring guys removed the rest of the tile flooring from under the cabinets and shimmed them, so they were level. They also started installing the new flooring in the kitchen. I was so excited to come home from work and see the floor in person!!
 







 
By day two, they had all the tile in the kitchen, dining room, hallway and main bathroom installed. 


 


 
 

 

And by the end of the week, the tile was installed in the laundry room/mudroom and master bathroom!



 
Overall, I love the way the tile turned out and I feel that it will go well with our my decoration style. Now, if we could only find time to put the trim back on the walls...


No comments:

Post a Comment