Monday, October 13, 2014

New House: Construction zone

Our September was crazy busy! I had to travel to Sioux Falls for work meetings and when I got home on Friday, we had a lot of work to do over the weekend. The flooring people were coming on Monday to install the new tile floors!
 
Somewhere along the line, I found time to buy more paint and we painted the mudroom/laundry room. I wanted a bright fun color and went with Recycled Glass by Sherwin Williams. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked it. It was too bright for me, but as it has dried it seems less bright...or maybe the color is growing on me? Either way, it's staying.
 



 
We also started taking the trim off and removing the tile in the kitchen.
 
 
 


My MIL and SIL were a huge help! One of us would watch Kimber while the other 2 worked on the house.  And we tried to get as much done as possible when she was napping.


 
Cousin Abey came over to keep Kimber company while we worked on the house.

 
 
I love this picture! They look like they were caught doing something wrong...which they probably were!
 
 
On Sunday, Nick & Landon took time away from the fields to move the appliances - fridge, stove, dishwasher. They also moved the island, cabinets along the wall and the granite countertops. All the big heavy stuff that us girls couldn't move.
 

 
 
 
Everything was moved into our livingroom. By the end, we had a small walk way from the kitchen to the chair & tv. Just wide enough to squeeze through to sit & rock Kimber at night.
 


 


 



 
 Living in a house with a little one during any kind of house project or renovation is a pain in the butt!! Trying to keep her away from of the tack strips, trim board full of nails and toilet sitting in the middle of our master bathroom is interesting. Instead of trying to keep her contained to her bedroom, we spend most of the week {the floor was getting installed} at Gramma & Papa's house. We'd go straight there after work and stay until it was her bedtime. Even though I couldn't get anything done around the house, it was much easier to take care of Kimber.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment