Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Story City House: When a house becomes a home

The big green house on the hill. That's what we referred to it as five years ago when we saw it on the market. A house in the right location with the right amount of acres and the right amount of square footage {well maybe a little too much square footage for two people, but we figured we'd grow into it}. When we moved in, it was just a house.
 
This picture was take June 2009. The day our offer was accepted on the house and we took my sister & mom to the house to show them!
 
Slowly, over the course of those five years, this house turned into our home.
 
This was our home where Nick asked me to marry him.
This was our home where I planned our wedding down to the smallest detail.
This was our home when we said "I do".
This was our home where I spent hours painting, decorating and organizing to make it as comfy as possible for visitors.
This was our home where I had a falling out with my sister.
This was our home when we both forgave each other and have a stronger relationship than we ever have.
This was our home where we hosted Thanksgiving with my family.
This was our home where we held our annual July 4 celebration for family & friends.
 This was our home where we sat around the kitchen table drinking with friends until the early hours of the morning.
This was our home where I hosted several bridal showers and baby showers for my girlfriends.
This was our home when I found out my mom had passed way from a heart attack.
This was our home where we watched Blake having a great time swimming in our pool, where he shot guns on the back deck and where he sat at the kitchen table helping us prepare food for Thanksgiving.  
This was our home when Blake passed away {and forever changed my heart}
This was the home where we cried & held each other tight when we struggled to get pregnant.  
This was our home where we saw those two pink lines for the first time telling us we were going to be parents.
This was our home where I spend hours decorating the perfect nursery.
This was our home where we brought our first baby home to.
This was our home when Kimber said her first words and took her first steps.
This was our home where we celebrated Kimber's first birthday.
 
 
We have so many memories in our first home. Part of me is sad to leave and all the memories we've made here. The other part of me, realizes that we will be in our new house many, many more years and have so many more memories there.
 
This is our new house that will soon become our home!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment