Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Story City House Tour: Outside

Since it's the last week we'll be in this house, I thought I'd do a tour of the house and add a couple tidbits along the way...
 
If I walked you around the front of the house, the first thing you would notice about the front yard is that it's one big hill. Perfect for a white-trash slip & slide. Every summer since we moved in, we hosted a 4th of July party...we'd pulled out the big tarp and dish soap, turn on the water and had a great time sliding down the hill! We always meant to pull out the barbed wire fence at the bottom of the hill, but never did. Luckily, no one ever got hurt!
  

 From the beginning, Nick hated the color of this house.
Since my favorite color is green...I never really minded it.
 

As we walked around the house, you'd probably notice the lack of landscaping.
We always had grand plans of landscaping, but we never actually got around to it.
With over 3 acres of land, it seemed like such a daunting {and expensive} task.
I did do some landscaping around the well and one of the sheds, but that was it.
 


It usually took 2 1/2 hours to mow the yard. The first 2 years, it was fun. And a good excuse to work on my tan. After that, it became more of a chore and I liked doing it less & less. The new house is 4 acres and the current owners said it takes them 4 hours to mow...not looking forward to that!
 
 

As we walked around the to back of the house, I would point out the deck and tell you that I am going to miss this deck.
It was big and had built in seating, which is perfect for hosting parties.
When the weather was nice, Nick & I would have dinner & drinks out on the deck.
After Kimber was born, we'd pull her high chair out there so she could join us.
 
On the weekends, when I wake up before anyone else in the house, I'd grab my cup of coffee and sit on the deck. It was a nice & relaxing way to start my morning.
 



We'd end the tour of the outside of the house in the shed.
I know Nick is really going to miss having his own shed. But I'm hoping within a couple years, we'll be able to build one for him. Until then, he'll have to drive the 3 miles down the road to the farm to dink around.




{Story City House Tour: First Level coming tomorrow}

No comments:

Post a Comment