Friday, December 28, 2012

Baby H: 17 weeks


 
**My photographer has not been available this week - so these are the only pictures I have for week 17**
 
 
How far along? 17 weeks

Baby Size: Baby H is 5.9 oz and 5.1 inches. The size of an onion.

Total weight gain: 13 pounds. {I blame this on all the Christmas goodies}

first maternity shirt
Maternity clothes? I have 2 maternity tops that I've started wearing, so I'm slowing beginning to include them into my wardrobe.

Sleep: Sleep wasn't great this week - but it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable or having to get up to go to the bathroom. But more to do with planning for the holidays and travelling {and not sleeping in our own bed}. Hopefully, I get back on track next week.

Best moment this week: Celebrating Christmas with our families and everyone being excited about the baby!!

Miss Anything? Nothing. I'm over the cold meat sandwich thing now. I didn't even miss having a drink at Christmas with my family.

Movement: No movement yet. I'm beginning to think the baby is as laid back as its daddy and isn't going to move a lot!

Food cravings: Still no cravings. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I didn't feel well on Christmas Eve/Day. I think it was a combination of too many sweets/munches and not drinking enough water. I felt like I was going to be sick but never did.

Gender: Not finding out.

Have you started to show yet: My belly is definitely getting bigger. In the mornings it's not that big, but by the end of the day {after eating & drinking} it is really round!

 

Mood: What a mix of emotions I've had over the last week. I was so excited to celebrate Christmas with our families and even had my shopping done early {which is rare for me}. Everything started out great...then my sister lost her baby on Christmas Eve  {she was due 2 months after me} and we found out that my nephew's cancer is back. Combine the bad news with pregnancy hormones -  I think I cried more on Christmas Eve/Day than I smiled.
 

 
 
 
Thoughts: Pregnancy Books...I've found them to be a waste of time. Maybe it's because I haven't had any of the symptoms or maybe it's because I feel like the books are full of drama. But I stopped reading them after week 8 and haven't opened one since.

I got a sewing machine for Christmas, so I am excited to start picking out fabric for the babies room to make bedding & curtains!

I love family traditions & the thought of passing items down to the next generation. So I couldn't think of anything better than making a christening gown for the baby to wear out of my wedding dress. My MIL has agreed to make the outfit - I'm excited to start looking for a pattern!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment