Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What's up Wednesday!

I don't normally do link-ups, but I saw this post over at The Larson Lingo and thought it would be a fun way to look back to see what was going on with my little family.
 

What We are Eating this week:
Whatever Nick decides we're having for supper.
I usually do our meal planning for the week and  grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon. Nick said we had enough food in our fridge & pantry and I didn't need to shop this week, so I only bought food for my breakfast & lunch {that I eat at work} and I told him that he could plan the meals this week.
 
So far we've had Orange Chicken {from the frozen section} and Taco Night. Easy meals and not as healthy as the meals I plan...but I'm not doing any work in the kitchen, so I'm fine with it!
 
I'm pretty sure come Friday night, we'll be enjoying a night out at the local Mexican restaurant.
 
 
What I'm Reading:
Too many books to name!!! And all at an 18 month reading level.
 
Kimber is really into books right now and some nights we read 10+ books!
 
 
What I'm Reminiscing about:
Valentine's Day 2014 - Kimber's first Valentine!
 
Somehow I managed to dress her in something red/pink/hearts everyday for 14 days. I look back and think what a crazy mom moment!! But she looked so adorable in all her outfits!
 
 
What I'm Looking Forward to:
Girls weekend with my college friends!!
 
The last weekend in February we're renting a cabin in Clear Lake for a girls weekend. We usually have to plan these weekends about 3-4 months ahead of time {since everyone is busy with their kids' sports} and I can't believe it's finally here!!
 
We'll be drinking a lot of wine, catching up, doing some shopping and did I mention drink wine?!?
 


 
What I'm loving:
My Hunter boots!!
 
Remember these beauties that Nick & Kimber bought me for Christmas?!?
 
 
 Unfortunately, they were too small. I searched the internet for a bigger size, but couldn't find them anywhere and finally admitted to myself last weekend that it didn't make sense to keep a pair of  boots that are too small in the box in my closet.
 
When I was returning them to the store, I tried on a pair of Hunter boots that I had been eyeing and they were perfect!! I might be even more excited about these boots since I will be able to wear them more often than heavy snow boots. I also might be deciding what other colors to buy!
 
 
What we've been up to:
Not much.
 
This winter seems to be never-ending and we've been hanging out at home all night. We get home from work, work out, cook, eat, clean up the kitchen, give Kimber a bath and hang out in the living room the rest of the night. Mostly playing legos, reading books or coloring with Kimber while watching whatever is on the TV.  I'm loving all the snuggle time, but I'm SO ready for nicer weather so we can be outside!!
 

 
 
What I'm Dreading:
Nick being gone for 5 days on a snowmobile trip.
 
I love that Nick has a hobby and great friends to go on snowmobile trips. But I'm not used to having to get myself & Kimber ready in the morning and I'm dreading it! Luckily, he'll only be gone 2 work day mornings, so I think I can handle it. And we might just stay in our jammies all day Saturday & Sunday when he's gone!
 
 
What I'm Working On:
Kimber's 2nd birthday party!! Dos Fiesta!
 
I am planning on having a Mexican themed birthday party. It'll be easy & cute - win/win. At this point, Kimber isn't really 'into' anything. She doesn't ask for a certain TV show or movie and she doesn't have a certain toy she wants to play with all the time. So I figured I can still pick her birthday party theme. I'm sure next year that will not be the case.
 
 
What I'm Excited About:
JAMAICA!!!
We leave 4 weeks from today and I am SO excited!!!
 
We went to Jamaica 8 years ago when we had only been dating a year. It was our first international trip together. Since then, we've been to Mexico and Dominican Republic several times. Punta Cana {in the DR} is my favorite place to go - we love the white sand beaches and beautiful blue water. Jamaica was our least favorite place we've visited, but we thought we'd give it another try to see if our outlook on the country changes.
 
Looking at these pictures from 8 years ago I noticed 3 things:
1. We look like babies!! So young & carefree!
2. Picture quality has come a long way in 8 years
3. I was in such better shape! I was working out 1-1.5 hours a day 5-6 days a week.
 
 

 
 
What I'm Watching:
The only show that I watch on a regular basis this season is the The Bachelor.
I don't normally watch this show, but since Chris is from Iowa and a farmer {and works for a company that is 5 miles down the road from us}, I've been watching it every week.
 
And what a crazy train it has been this season!
 
 
 
What I'm hoping for:
To be in semi-decent shape for our vacation.
 
I've been slacking in the working out department since the move. But Nick finally set up the treadmill in the basement for me and I've started the C25K program. I do cardio three times a week and a work out video/strength training two times a week. I know it's not much, but it's more than I was doing before and I hope it helps me to be more toned for our trip. But I'll still be wearing a one piece. No bikinis for me.
 
 
 
What I'm Wearing Today:
See  What I'm loving from above!
 
After I got dressed this morning, I realized I am wearing all the fads: Piko long sleeved shirt, herringbone vest, print leggings and Hunter boots. I would be wearing my plaid blanket scarf with this outfit, but I just wore them the last 2 days!
 
 
What else is new:
Decorating!!
 
We've lived in our house almost 6 months now. I can't believe it's only been 6 months...between harvest season, Nick's fall and the holidays...it seems like it's been so much longer than that! With all this going on, I haven't really been in the decorating mood. But a couple weeks ago, we were snowed in and I started unpacking boxes and I got the itch! Since then, I've had Nick hang a couple shelves in the house and I've been looking for the perfect décor! I even spent 2 wonderful hours alone wandering through Hobby Lobby on Saturday!!
 
The house was so boring! I've added items to the entertainment center, hung a large shelf on the wall behind the couch, ordered prints and family pictures,  bought area rugs and am working on finding curtains for the living room & kitchen. I can't wait for it to all come together!
 
 


1 comment: