Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kimber's DOS Fiesta: Inspiration

 The countdown is on -  100 days until Kimber turns TWO!!

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Since Kimber's first birthday, we have put our house on the market, sold it in less than a week, packed up & moved to our new house, Nick had a near death experience, we finished out the harvest season - just to start the holiday season, and I was super busy at work during the last 2-3 months with year end. WHEW. I'm ready for a few low-key months!!

But of course, I'm not the type to be low-key {I'm too Type A, OCD for that}. So instead, I've started planning Kimber's second birthday party!! Since she is not really 'into' any certain cartoons, characters, movies or toys -  I decided the theme for the party. We will be having a FIESTA party to celebrate her DOS birthday!!

It's no secret that Nick & I love Mexican food and Kimber enjoys it just as much as us! We have Mexican night at least once a week at our house and if we go out to eat - it's usually for Mexican. Kimber loves taco meat at home and when we go out to eat, she dips the chips into the salsa and eats up the cheese quesadillas!

I've started a Pinterest board of items and have started ordering some items. Knowing that we live 45 minutes from the closest craft store and Nick will be in the fields while I'm planning the party - I wanted to get a jump start on some of the bigger items.

The invites:
I found these invitations on Etsy and it was game over. The color scheme and feel of the party was decided. I love that it's not the bright red/yellow/blue colors that I saw with most of the Fiesta themed items. I have started working with the owner of the shop and she's going to design all my paper products to match this invite.
 
 
The birthday attire:
You can't have a DOS birthday party without a shirt that says how old your are in Spanish!
 
 
I mean...how adorable is this outfit?!?
 
 
The decorations:
When it comes to decorations, I like very simple ideas. No big frilly, glittery, over the top stuff.

I found a piñata {in the perfect color scheme!!!!} at Target last week, so I picked it up. I haven't decided if I'll put candy in it or just use it as a decoration at this point.

I'm envisioning a tablescape like this one with food signs, tissue paper banners, paper fans as backdrops. I love how simple and clean it is.
 
 
I'm sure I'll be making lots of tissue paper banners in the next couple of months...
 
 
The food:
 One of the reasons I love the fiesta theme is because the food menu is easy and inexpensive. I haven't finalize the menu, but I'm sure we'll be having some kind of walking taco or nacho bar with all the fixings!!

 
 
Love the idea of individual appetizer cups for guests!
 
The cake:
How adorable is this little piñata cake??
I think Aunt Paige would do amazing making this special little cake for Kimber!
 

 The treats:
I probably won't go with a big cake this year, but little treats for everyone to enjoy. There are so many ideas for cupcakes and cookies in the shape of a sombrero!
 

 
 
 
I'm hoping Kimber's party comes together like I have it envisioned in my head.
Guess it's time for me to start making lists and getting things crossed off it!


1 comment:

  1. Love! We are going with this theme too. I booked the venue last week and decided on a Taco Bar, Mexican Juices and Margaritas! I will PM you my idea board though IG. 😊

    ReplyDelete