Friday, February 6, 2015

Snapshots of our Lives: January 2015

January is always a crazy month for me. As an accountant, it's my busiest time of the year. I work long hours preparing the year-end financial statements. I spend a lot of time sitting behind my computer at work looking at excel spreadsheets. By the end of the day, my eyes are crossing from looking at them for hours on end! And all I want to do is relax with a drink in my hand at night!
 
 
It's been so cold this month. I'm so ready for spring!
I've been keeping warm with my blanket scarves, fur vests, layers and lots of coffee!!






Nick was head usher at church this month and we had to get to church 30 minutes early each week. I spent those 30 minutes chasing Kimber around and watching her go up & down the steps.
 

We've always dressed up for church and it's fun to dress Kimber up each week. I buy WAY too many clothes for Kimber and sometimes she only wears a dress once to church. Or I forget she has an outfit and doesn't even have a chance to wear it before she outgrows it. I'm trying to be better. But every time the weather changes and new clothes come out for the season - I can't help myself and I go overboard.
 


After church one week,  we had the cousins over for a play date.
They all had fun playing together!
Kimber & Chloe had fun playing with the kitchen and baby dolls.
While Abey spent most of the time riding the 4 wheeler around the house! 

 
 
 
Kimber has always loved bath time. She could stay in the tub all night playing!


Since it was so cold and is dark by the time we get home from work, we spent most of the month inside. Kimber enjoyed getting foot massages from Mom and watching TV with Dad. 


 
We read a lot of books. I mean a lot!! Kimber is really into reading books right now. She will bring one book over to us, climb on our lap, we'll read the book, she'll get down and pick out another book and repeat until we've read all the books in the livingroom. That's about 20 books! Note to self: move some of the books to her bedroom! 


 
 
We bought Kimber legos and we've all had fun playing with them.
Nick might be playing with them more than anyone else in the house.
 





 
Kimber discovered stickers and thought it would be fun to put them all over Mom & Dad. 
 
 
Kimber spent a lot of time in her footie jammies this month.
She has her Daddy's circulation and gets cold very easily. We only put her in footie jammies for bed. Otherwise, she wakes up in the middle of the night because she's cold.
 
Her hair has been growing like crazy lately! It's thick, curly and out of control most days!

 
Our living room floor is covered with toys at all times. Baby Dolls. Blocks. Legos. Books.


She got these blocks for Christmas and loves playing with them. She was building a tower with Daddy and was so excited when she was able to put the block on the top and it didn't fall over!
 




  
We wake Kimber up every morning at 6:30am during the week.
She has the same routine in the morning: sit on the couch with Daddy, drink her milk, watch Wild Kratts, get dressed, brush her teeth, put her coat on, leave for daycare with Mom.
 
Some mornings she's happier than others.
 

I bought mudders to wear this spring on the farm. The night we tried them on her, she didn't want to take them off before bed and I promised her she could wear them to daycare the next day.
 

This picture is blurry, but it's one of my favorites. Coloring with my baby girl while we wait to get our food at the restaurant. She's such a big girl!!
 


 
We spent time at the farm {in the heated shed} playing on Daddy's snowmobile.
 



I had my work holiday party this month. It was nothing fancy, but it was nice reason for Nick & I to have a date night.
 


 My sister came from Sioux Falls to watch Kimber and she had so much fun playing with Cousin Kia. Kia brought her American Girl Doll and Kimber was obsessed with it. She played with it all weekend - mostly brushing it's hair.
 
 
Friday nights have turned into Mexican night at our house. Good thing Kimber is a fan!







We put Kimber's hair up in her first pony tail.
It's not much of a pony...but she looks so cute. Unfortunately, it only lasted a couple minutes before she pulled it out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment