Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nursery Notes 7

We're still {slowly} making progress on the nursery. I was out of town 4 weekends in a row, so I didn't get as much done as I'd like to - but I can still do some shopping to get the items I need!!
 
The last big item we needed to order for the nursery was the glider & ottoman. Since the nursery is going to be on the 2nd level of our house and the glider will get lots of use - nursing the baby, snuggles after bath time and middle of the night feedings - I wanted to make sure I got a good quality one. After searching the Internet, I found the Little Castle Charleston Swivel Glider Collection at Target and thought it would be functional and look great in the nursery. The back of it is taller, so it should be comfortable for Nick to sit in as well.


On our trip to Minneapolis earlier this month, we were able to exchange the broken piece for the shelving unit in the nursery. While we were at Ikea, I decided to pick up a couple of other items for the nursery.

We found a hamper and another storage unit for the closet.
 
 
I also picked up several Ribba frames & shelves. I plan on making a wall collage over the dresser with these shelves & frames - something like these:




 
I keep putting off sewing items for the nursery and I know I just need to start on those projects! If I get them done, I'll feel like the room is closer to being done and I can buy the finish touches for the room. I'm hoping to make time this weekend {since it's my only weekend at home this month}. I need to make curtains, crib skirt, crib bumper, changing pad cover and bunting. 
 


 
I'm working with the same chevron fabric and hope they look at good as they do in these pictures!
 

I hope to get some projects finished in the next week and have more updates on the progress!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment