Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby H: 29 weeks


How far along? 29 weeks. Baby H may begin to settle into the proper birthing position this week, which is head down, facing back. {Yikes!}

Baby Size: Baby H is 15.25 inches and 2.5 pounds. The size of butternut squash.

Total weight gain: 30 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? If I told you I bought more maternity clothes this weekend...would you think I have a problem!?! In my defense - I got them at Kohl's and got a really great deal on them!
 
Sleep: I'm still waking up several times throughout the night and sometimes it's taking awhile to get comfortable & fall back to sleep. I bought a body pillow this past weekend, so that is helping me be more comfortable at night. It is getting harder to flip from one side to the other {especially with the large body pillow!}.

 
Best moment{s} this week: After Sunday dinner, Nick fed Baby Abey and then he {Baby Abey} took a 2 hour nap laying on me in the rocking chair. It made me realize in a few months - that will be our own baby we'll be feeding & taking naps on me!
 
Miss Anything?  Bending over/moving normal.

Movement: Yep, regular movement all day long.

Food cravings: No cravings.  




Anything making you queasy or sick/symptoms: I have several pregnancy related ailments at different times - nothing serious or painful and my doctor said they should all go away after I have the baby.
- Nose Bleeds - stuffy & bloody noses {yummy, huh?}
- Pregnancy hoof - The top of my left foot {near the ankle} is numb now.
- Pregnancy paw - Part of my left thumb is numb, but my doctor said as long as my first 3 fingers don't go numb...I should be fine. 
- Tailbone pain - Sitting at the bar on a hard for 4 hours about killed me - I feel like I need to carry a donut around to sit on!
- Trouble sleeping - not sleeping well + no caffeine = tired.
- Leg Cramps - I had my first leg cramp during the night this week. That was not fun - hopefully I don't get too many of them!
 
Gender: Not finding out. This week's wives tales to predict the gender of the baby - Dreams: If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. I've had several dreams with baby girls in them. Based in this wives tale: it's a boy.

Have you started to show yet: The belly is getting in the way more & more. I hit it on bathroom doors in public restrooms, it's harder to squeeze by people and I spill on it on a regular basis!

Mood: I'm ready for this nesting phase to start!! I know I have alot of work to do on the nursery...but I don't feel like the nesting stage has really kicked in.

Stretch marks: None.

Belly button in or out: Still in...but kinda funky looking

Wedding ring on or off: On - but tight.

Labor Signs: No.
 
Thoughts:
Nick bought a 'daddy vehicle' last week. He's been driving a 2-door 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass for years and it was time to upgrade to a 4-door vehicle. He decided to go with a Ford Escape, so he would have room the haul things around and have room for a carseat, too!!

We received our couples shower invite in the mail this week {our first baby shower} and I'm SO excited!!! I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends to throw a shower for us! And I can't wait to see all the cute little baby things that Baby H gets!!

I finally signed up for the birthing class at the hospital. I wasn't sure if we were going to do the classes, but decided since I wasn't reading any books during this pregnancy - it might be a good idea to know what's going on when I go into labor!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment