Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kimber's THREEcheersfor EARS: The Party!

Kimber has been obsessed with Mickey Mouse since last summer when she spent the week at Great Gramma & Grampa's house and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all week long. Ever since then, all she wants to do is watch Mickey, wear Mickey {or Minnie} clothes and sing the Clubhouse songs. When I was thinking of a theme for her third birthday party - it didn't take me long to decide on what type of party to go with - MICKEY MOUSE!! A few weeks before the party {after I sent out invites} ,Kimber informed me she wanted a Minnie party, so I incorporated Minnie & bows into the party at the last minute!!
 
Kimber outfit details:
 
My outfit details:
 
 
 
 My sister snapped this picture of Kimber on her cell phone and I can't get enough of it! It shows her silly & fun personality!!
 
 
Every year, I {try to remember to} get a picture of Kimber with her Godparents, Grandparents and Great Grandparents.
 
 
I love how Kimber wraps her arms around everyone when she get her picture taken with them!
 
 
 
When I started looking at invitations for Kimber's Mickey party, I wanted a modern invitation and the Mickey invite from this shop was exactly what I was looking for!!
 
 
The past two years, I've had her party at 11:00am. But since we were having the party a week earlier than usual {we have graduations the weekend of Memorial Weekend} - I decided to go with a later start time incase the men were still in the fields planting. The later time worked out perfectly. The weather was beautiful, so the adults could sit in the driveway & visit while the kids played. Our last guests didn't leave until 10:00pm!
 
Food Table:
You can't have a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party without a hot diggity dog bar!
We grilled hot dogs and served them will all the toppings: ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, cheese, jalapenos, chili, cheese sauce and sauerkraut.
 
Along with the hot dog bar, I served our favorite summer salads:  Minnie bow tie pasta salad, chop-chop salad, taco salad and fruit salad with Mickey Mouse watermelon.
 
Food Table Decorations:
Hot Diggity Dog Bar Sign: MyPerfectPartyStudio
Condiment Labels: MyPrintablePartyLine
Mickey Mouse Head Cookie Cutter: The Buttercup House
Pinwheels: Hobby Lobby
Polka Dot Table Covers: Discount Party Supplies
 
 
 

 
 
 
  
 Drink Table:
We served pink lemonade with strawberries, lemons and 7up  or the kiddos.
We also had an adult version of the lemonade {with wine} in the garage along with beer & water.
 
Drink Table Decorations:
Drinks Sign: MyPerfectPartyStudio
Pinwheels: Hobby Lobby
Polka Dot Straws: Discount Party Supplies
 


 
 
Dessert Table:
When I asked Kimber if she wanted a cake or cupcakes for her party - she said cupcakes.
Which was fine with me because I'd been eyeing Mickey cupcakes on the internet and I thought they were adorable!
As always, Aunt Paige did an amazing job on the cupcakes!
 
I ordered cookies as party favors from the local bakery {as I do every year} and they turned out just as cute!!
 
Dessert Table Decorations:
Desserts Sign: MyPerfectPartyStudio
Thanks for Stopping By Cookie Sign: MyPerfectPartyStudio
Polka Dot Table Cover & Banner & Balloons: Discount Party Supplies
Cupcake liners: Michaels Craft Stores
Red Polka Dot Plates: Hobby Lobby
 
 
I found a Mickey head silhouette online and added them to the banner.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Since everyone was outside enjoying the weather, we sang to the birthday girl outside.
I wasn't sure how she'd do with everyone singing to her - but she loved it!!
 


 

 
Nick surprised Kimber with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen...although I think it was more for Nick than Kimber!
 
 
Gift Table:
I set the gift table up inside, but it ended up being such a beautiful night that we moved gift opening outside.
 
Gift Table Decorations:
Invitation: NotableAffairs
Polka Dot Table Cover & Balloons: Discount Party Supplies
 
 
 
 
There was a theme for most of the gifts she received - Mickey or Minnie Mouse!!!
 



 
Gift opening was going great until she opened the baby car seat & the Mickey outfit for her Build-a-Bear.
After that, she wanted nothing to do with opening gifts and only wanted to play with these two gifts!



We had so much fun celebrating the birthday girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment