Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Paige & Luke's Country Picnic Baby Shower

I hosted a country picnic themed couples baby shower for my sister-n-law and her husband over the weekend.
It was so fun showering the couple with new baby goodies - and I can't wait until August to snuggle on the little one!!!
 
The soon to be parents.

The soon to be parents with the mommy's parents.

The soon to be parents with the daddy's parents.
 
I had so much fun decorating for the party!!
It was all things gingham + mason jars + burlap + galvanized.
I even found weeds in the ditch to add the finishing touches to the mason jar centerpieces - which was much cheaper than buying wild flowers for them for them!
 
Dessert Table:
I served scotheroos on a stick, jello cups and mason jar cookies for dessert.



 
 


 


Food Table:
You can't have a picnic without grilling burgers.
The hamburger bar was super easy {mostly because I didn't have to do the grilling!} and everything could be prepped ahead of time.
Along with the burgers, I served cowboy beans, mixed fruit, pasta salad and chips.
 



 
 
 

Gift Table:
I set the gift table up in the garage so the guests didn't have to make a trip in the house when it was time to open gifts.
It was a HOT day, but luckily the garage was comfortable. We kept the doors shut all day, ran a fan and Nick installed an window air conditioner at the last minute to keep it cool!
 
 
 
 
Paige & Luke opened lots of goodies for the baby.



 

 
They are not finding out the gender of the baby, so they received a set of clothes for each gender.
 
My prediction is a BOY!
 

 
While they opened gifts, I handed out popsicles to the kiddos to keep them entertained.


 
After eating & opening gifts, the kids swam in the pool and the adults hung out.
 
Everyone had so much fun celebrating the expecting parents - even the guys didn't mind being at a shower...but mostly because I served beer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment