Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Snapshots of our Lives: November 2014

I bought a new phone earlier this month, so I haven't been taking as many pictures since I was getting used to the settings on it. And now I feel like I can't even remember what we did the first half of this month!
 
 Like most moms, I feel like I am go-go-go from the time I wake up in the morning until I fall into bed exhausted most nights, so the days start running into one big blur. I love that I have pictures to look back on to help me remember. If it wasn't for looking back at pictures - I feel like I would forget so many of the little things that we experience as a family.
 
I cannot get over how Kimber is looking like such a big girl these days! One of my most favorite things to do is get her dressed up for church on Sundays since she normally wears casual clothes to daycare during the week. She looks like a teenager in this picture!

 
And she has perfected the pout. If she doesn't get her way, she'll put on her best pouty face!
She still doesn't normally get her way...but she looks adorable!
 
Kimber had surgery for her second set of tubes on November 10. The recovery went much smoother this time. She didn't cry at all. She was happy & dancing when she came back to the room. They thought her tubes had fallen out, but they ended up being 100% plugged with wax. They replaced them and we're hoping to keep this set wax free!

Kimber sees me wear a scarf to work almost every day, so she has started putting Daddy's underwear around her neck like a scarf. It's SO cute...except for when she tries to pull them out of the hamper & wear them! I really need to buy her a couple Kimber sized scarves!

 This girl LOVES ribs. She's only had them when we've been at events where someone else has made them {Super Bowl Parties/Family Events}, so I decided to put them on the weekly menu. I think we'll add them to the rotation - they were easy to make and she ate everything on her plate!

Auntie Oobie bought this puffer vest for Kimber and I can't get over how cute she looks in it!

Does anyone else stress to the max when it comes to planning outfits for family pictures? I am your typical Type A personality and this kind of stuff drives me crazy, but I love it at the same time! I completely overthink it, search Pinterest for hours and can't sleep at night because I can't turn my mind off!!
 
I think I've decided to go with the traditional black, red, white and gray combination for one outfit.
But I'm still not 100% sold on it.
 
Ofcourse, I have to try everything on and see what it looks like on me. And send pictures to all my friends to see if it looks good.
 
 I went shopping by myself. For 3 hours.  On a Friday night. Usually, it would be a nice and relaxing time for me. But not when I was on a mission to find 'the perfect outfit for family pictures.
 
Nick & I were suppose to go to the Garth Brooks concert in Minneapolis last weekend. Aunt Deb bought a group of us tickets and I was SO excited to go. I listened to my Garth CD all week long & even wore my cowboy boots to work. We were going to get a hotel room, sleep in, have brunch and do some shopping the next day before we headed back home to pick up Kimber.

 But our planned changed quickly when Kimber threw up ALL OVER at Arby's. As in, all over herself, the table, all over me, down my shirt and in my hair. This was the first time she had the flu and I wasn't going to leave her alone. Plus, Papa was already watching Chloe & Abey, so I wasn't going to leave her with him and pass it along to the other kids. We stayed home and snuggled in the chair. She was sick on & off for about 6 hours. She slept thru the night and felt much better on Sunday morning. I'm sad that we missed the concert, but I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else than with my sweet baby girl taking care of her.
 
Kimber has really started playing with baby dolls all the time. She carries them around, sings to them, feeds them - it's all so cute! I'm sure she'll be getting lots of baby dolls & accessories for Christmas this year!
 
We had our first measurable snowfall of the year last weekend. It looked really pretty from the window, but I was fine with staying inside under the blanket where it was nice & warm!

Since it snowed, we figured we better try Kimber's snowsuit on her. It took over 10 minutes to get her all bundled up and she could barely walk in it!

And I think she's already wishing for warmer weather! She found her sand bucket & beach toys in her closet this week and she's played with it all night long. She'll take the toys out of the bucket, stack them up and put them back in the bucket one by one. She did this for almost an hour last night!



Almost every night, Nick & Kimber have a treat after supper. Usually, it's a couple oreos. The first thing Kimber does is pull hers apart, eats the cream filled middle and hands the outside to Nick for him to eat. I'm not sure where she picked that up, but she does it every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment