Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fun at the Campgrounds Weekend Wrap-up

Nick's parents were camping at the county fair last week, so we headed over there on Friday after work to hang out. Kimber had fun playing with her cousins {and other kids}, going on wagon rides and playing with bubbles!!
 
 

 


Nothing gets more attention than 2 little red heads in a little red wagon! I had no less than 20 people make comments to me while pulling them around the campgrounds!


 
 

 I love this picture of Kimber trying to 'catch' the bubbles!!
 
 
Nick & I left the campgrounds around 10:00pm and Kimber spent the night in Gramma & Papa's camper. This was one of the only free weekends we had until the big move, so we wanted to get some packing done on Saturday. And it's not the easiest to do when you have a little one at home!
 
While we were packing, Kimber was having fun at the fair. She played on tractors/lawn mowers, ate fair food, played in the dirt and watched the cow shows.
 
 
 
 
On Saturday morning, I was excited to have a baby free day. I felt like I was going to get so much done at home without a baby crawling around my feet the whole time. But by 4pm, I was missing Kimber like crazy. Especially after getting pictures from my MIL and SIL of Kimber having fun at the fair!
 
As a working mom, I only get the weekends to spend a full day with her so I hate to miss out on those days! {I think it's called mom guilt?!?} Instead of hanging out at home or going out to eat together, Nick & I went back over to the campgrounds that night to see our baby girl! I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big fan of camping, but I am a big fan of making memories with family and so I sucked it up and spent the night at the campgrounds...on a bed in the air conditioned fifth wheel. You know, roughing it!
 



It was a fun weekend of creating memories with family  & friends and getting some stuff accomplished at home. But after missing Kimber's first time at the county fair, I know we'll be taking her there next year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment