Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Elephant Rides

The last couple weeks have been crazy!! As an accountant, January is the busiest time of the year for me as I prepare for the audit and work on the financial statements. I easily work 12 hours days and most weekends. It's hard being away from Kimber, but I'm glad it's Nick's slow time with work {no farming in Iowa during the winter!!} so he is able to take care of her. Most nights, when I get home from work, he has feed her, bathed her and she's in her jammies. I get home just in time to read to her and put her to bed.

I got home from work at a decent time on Saturday, so I was able to spend more time with Kimber. We all three hung out in her room for a while playing with some new toys she got for Christmas. Landon & Allysha got Kimber this elephant plush rocker for Christmas. Even though she's not big enough to rock in it herself, she loved sitting on it as Nick helped her rock.

We've also been working on trying to get her to crawl. This girl is super content to just sit on her bottom and play for hours. Don't get me wrong, I love that we can just leave her on the floor and get things done. But as a first time mom, I also want to witness the next stages. Rolling over. Crawling. Any kind of movements would be fun to see. She's starting to put her legs underneath her, but she hasn't moved yet. But we're making progress and she's getting closer!!

This girl is happy all.the.time. She smiles with her whole face. Her eyes twinkle when she smiles. But for some reason, when I pull out the big camera - she stops smiling and gets this serious look on her face!

 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment