Monday, October 7, 2013

My baby sister got married!!

This past weekend was crazy, exciting, busy, fun, emotional and exhausting as we celebrated my baby sister getting married! I was pretty much running around like a chicken with it's head cut off the entire time and didn't get very many pictures. The pictures I did get are all from my phone {hence the bad quality}. I can't wait to see the pictures that people took with real cameras!!

Even though Nancy is 13 years younger than me, we've always been really close. When she was a baby - I'd help take care of her. In high school, she used to go everywhere with me - shopping, softball practice or to hang out with my friends. After I graduated college and moved to Des Moines, she would come up to visit me and we'd go shopping, paint my house or try different wines until we found our favorite {Relax}. Over the years, we've gotten closer and I was so honored that she asked me to be her Matron of Honor.


To say things were hectic last week leading up to the wedding was an understatement. I'm an accountant, so my busiest time is during month-end reporting. And since I was taking Friday off work, I had one less day to get the books closed! I was trying to get work done, running around Ames at night buying things for the wedding {I spent 2 hours trying to find ivory tights for Kimber!! Not white. Ivory!!}, getting my hair done and trying to find someone to alter my dress! I didn't get my dress back from the seamstress until Thursday afternoon and didn't have time to try it on until 9pm that night! Luckily, it fit perfectly!!

 
After trying the dress on at 9pm - I had to send my sister a snapchat to let her know it fit!!
 
My plan was to leave at 9am on Friday morning. Ofcourse, we were running behind and didn't get out of the house until 10am. We met Nancy in Council Bluff to get mani/pedis and then headed to the rehearsal dinner.


Having a baby and being in a wedding is alot of work. Especially when you are nursing and you have to figure out the logistics of where you'll be at her feeding times & if you'll be nursing her or if you'll have to pump. I nursed her in the chair while I was getting a pedicure on Friday. And was locked in the coat closet after the ceremony so I could pump!! Whatever it takes to make sure she's fed!

 
1. Nursing Kimber while getting a pedicure
2. Kimber's first experience at a nail salon
3. Cousin Haley holding Kimber while we were getting our hair & makeup done
4. Capturing the amount of crap I had to pack & haul around with me all weekend


We were able to get one family picture together before the wedding started. Which is good because during the wedding - Kimber had  a HUGE blow out. It was all over her dress & Nick's clothes!! They both had to put on backup outfits!!

 
 
My beautiful baby sister and my beautiful baby!!


The bride was beautiful. The reception hall decorations were amazing {SO jealous that she got a fall wedding with fall colors!!}.  And we had a wonderful time celebrating the new couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment