Thursday, September 26, 2013

One year ago today...

Dear Kimber,
One year ago today, Daddy & I found out we were pregnant with you. I remember the day so clearly. I remember seeing the smiley face on the ovulation test {I had taken so many pregnancy tests in the last 15 months that I stopped buying them}. I remember the tears that came to my eyes. I remember the tears that came to Daddy's eyes. I remember the big hug that Daddy gave me. It was such an amazing moment that I'll never forget.

 
Fast forward 245 days and we met you for the first time. I was in love the second you were placed in my arms. I knew I would love you, but I am amazed by how strong the love is that I feel for you. I never knew my heart could be filled with so much joy! Sometimes I just want to squeeze you so hard because I am so happy to be your Mommy...but I hold back from doing that!!


























It has been almost 4 months since you came into our lives and it has been the best 4 months of our lives. I love our little family. I love getting to know your personality and wonder what you'll be like when you're older. You're such a laid back chill baby {you get that from Daddy}. I don't worry about you hitting milestones according to when the books say you're supposed to. I know you'd rather hang out & watch what is going on around you. You don't want to be bothered with rolling over or grabbing your feet!

You are so smiley and happy, especially in the mornings!! I love seeing those gummy grins!

You are really starting to be a Daddy's girl. Daddy gets you ready in the morning & dropping you off at daycare.  It's your special time together.  I could watch you & Daddy play for hours - it makes my heart to happy to see the bond between the two of you grow. You love when he "gnaws" at your neck and your giggle is so cute!

You have been such a good baby. Whenever someone new meets you they tell us how good of a baby you are and it makes me feel so proud as your Mommy. Not every moment is perfect. You have had your fussy times, you spit up alot, have blow outs, get up during the night for feedings and wake up bright & early on Saturday mornings when Mommy & Daddy want to sleep. But I wouldn't even change those challenging times for anything, because at least I get those times with you. For several months, I thought we would never get pregnant so I am not taking any of these moments for granted.

I love you so much baby girl. And I am so happy to be your Mommy.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment