Monday, September 16, 2013

A weekend with my little family...

This past weekend was the first weekend we've been home in over a month. It was great to be home and enjoy time with my little family!

The weekend started out with her 3 month pictures on Friday afternoon. I had rescheduled them twice due to the 100+ degree days since I wanted to do some outdoor pictures. Luckily, Friday's weather was beautiful and we were able to get them done!

I decided to have pictures taken at our house. I wanted to do interactive pictures with her - feeding her, playing with her - capturing every day moments with her along with the normal posed pictures.  I was able to snap a couple pictures of Nick & Kimber during the sessions - I have a great feeling about the pictures and can't wait to get the professional ones back!


Our master bedroom was the location for the first photo session


 
 
On Saturday, we hung around the house most of the day. Only leaving to run a quick errand. We were able to get cleaning done around the house, spend quality time together as a family and work on Kimber's weekend routine. She's been going to daycare since she was 6 weeks old and we've had something going on almost every weekend since that time, so I don't even know what her daytime routine is like. Her morning & night routines - we have down. But I haven't put her down for a nap during the day in over 10 weeks!
 
Saturday evening, we had a birthday/tailgating party to go to for the Iowa/Iowa State game. Nick is an Iowa fan, so we were all sporting our Iowa gear.
{I only wore Iowa so I matched Kimber - otherwise, I don't care about either team!}
 

Gramma Hoversten made these adorable Iowa ruffle butt covers for Kimber!
 
Kimber was such a happy baby on Friday & Saturday, but since Saturday night it's been a different story. She's been stuffy & fussy and didn't sleep well the last three nights. Nick & I have been taking turns being up with her at night trying to make her as comfortable as possible. At this point, we don't know if it's a cold, allergies or teething? But whatever it is - we're hoping it goes away soon because we're both tired from being up all night long!
 
The good thing about her not feeling well? All the snuggle time on Sunday!!
 
 
 
We finished the weekend by celebrating a Packer's win in her Packer's gear from Uncle TJ!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the Packer gear right down the the paci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all your pics when you get them! See you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete