Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Kimber's First Bee-Day: The PARTY!

On Saturday, we threw Kimber a BEE-day party for the first birthday.
 
We had such a great day surrounded by friends and family and Kimber did great during the party!! I'm glad she got a 1 1/2 hour nap in before the party started so she could enjoy the day!
 
Guests started arriving at 11:00am. We served lunch at 11:30, followed by gift opening and finally sang Happy Birthday to the birthday girl and watched her dig into her birthday cake! The party was over around 1:30pm. It was a fast 2 1/2 hours, but we enjoyed every minute of the party. I could feel the love for Kimber and am so grateful for all of those that traveled near & far to celebrate this milestone in her life!
 
My sister took pictures for me and I couldn't bring myself to look at them for a couple of days. I had such great images in my head of how the party went that I wanted to remember the day in my head. But I knew I had to look at the pictures at some point...and they did not disappoint!! I'm so glad she was able to capture these moments for me {since I was running around crazy most of the time!}.
 
I do wish I would have gotten pictures of Kimber with her Grandparents, Godparents and other friends/families...but I didn't think of it at the time!
 
Mom & Dad & the Birthday Girl
 
 
 
 
Mom & the Birthday Girl
 
 

Food table:
We served ham/turkey sandwiches, pasta salad, chop-chop salad, taco salad and fresh fruit.
I decided to go with cold sandwiches & salads for 2 reasons.
1. I didn't want to deal with the timing of cooking things and having them all done at the same time.
2. It was the first official weekend of summer and I wanted to have lots of summer salads for everyone to enjoy!!
 
Food Table Decorations:
Chalkboard print: ordered from Etsy and attached it to a piece of canvas
Rag garland: I made myself {with the help of family!}
Black & Yellow containers: Purchased from Hobby Lobby earlier this spring
 
 




 
 
Drink Table:
We served strawberry lemonade, water, juice, mama's juice {wine} and daddy's juice {beer}.
The juices were located on a table in the garage where everyone ate.
 
Drink Table Decorations:
I displayed pictures of Kimber from her first holidays in the old window frame.
Rag garland: I made myself {with the help of family!}
Black & Yellow containers: Purchased from Hobby Lobby earlier this spring
 



 
Cake Table:
Kimber's Aunt Paige made the cakes for her party! They turned out adorable! They might not be exactly level...but they were made with love and that's what really matters!!
 
We also served bee cookies, oreo cookies and scotcheroos on a stick
  
Cake Table Decorations:
Monthly photo banner: I made myself
Tissue Poms & Lanterns {not in pictures}: Hobby Lobby
  
 
 
 

 
 



 Gift Table:
We set the gift table and cake table in the dining room and left enough room for all the kids to sit on the floor to watch Kimber open gifts!
 
Gift Table Decorations:
Chalk board: Purchased from Hobby Lobby earlier this spring
Black & Yellow containers: Purchased from Hobby Lobby earlier this spring 
Fabric banner: Ordered from Etsy {the same shop that made her bee-day outfit}
 
 


 
Time to open gifts!! I opened gifts {with the help of Chloe} while Kimber sat in her chair eating cookies and playing with toys/balloons. I've been to enough first birthdays to know it's not much fun to watch a one year old try to open gifts when they have no clue what is going on. I didn't want to drag the gift opening process into an hour event for guests!
 
Kimber received so many nice gifts from friends & family. We are truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people!!
 
Kimber ate cookies, while I struggle to open the first gift! Scissors were required!
 
 
 
 

 

 
And finally it's CAKE time!! I found candle letters that spelled Kimber's name at the local party store! Well, actually they spelled Kimberly...but remove the -ly and you have Kimber!
 
Kimber is a very clean eater, so we didn't get any messy shots of her eating!
 
Highchair Decorations: 
Bee-day Outfit: Ordered from Etsy
Rag garland: I made myself
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
Thank you to all our friends & family that helped Kimber celebrate her first bee-day!!

2 comments: